E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Strange Headlight Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211 E350
Strange Headlight Problem

Hello, fresh owner of a w211 and very unfamiliar with benz and benz electronics. I had to replace the passenger side headlight ballast with a new unit as the old one got water damaged. After replacing with a seemingly identical unit, my adaptive function no longer works on the passenger side.

Any help is appreciated especially as it doesn't seem like being equipped with DAS or any diagnosis software for these cars is a cheap endeavor and I would like to know where to start looking or know if a dealer can fix this. I have the vin handy if needed.
Old 05-26-2024, 05:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,048 Likes on 970 Posts
1999 E300TD
you may need an adaption via DAS Xentry, if you dont have a friend with a setup then its dealer bound
Old 05-26-2024, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,173 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by NOOOOOO
Hello, fresh owner of a w211 and very unfamiliar with benz and benz electronics. I had to replace the passenger side headlight ballast with a new unit as the old one got water damaged. After replacing with a seemingly identical unit, my adaptive function no longer works on the passenger side.

Any help is appreciated especially as it doesn't seem like being equipped with DAS or any diagnosis software for these cars is a cheap endeavor and I would like to know where to start looking or know if a dealer can fix this. I have the vin handy if needed.
They're not that expensive. A couple cheaps ones would be the Autel AP200, reads and clears all MB subsystems. Might work again once you clear the error code, around $50 on amazon. The other one is the Launch Creader X431 Elite 2.0 for Benz, more like $160 on Amazon but lets you do programming which you can't do on the Autel but I'm not sure you need programming to fix your problem.