E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New Suspension on w211, what to choose?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2024, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E200 Kompressor w211 2004
New Suspension on w211, what to choose?

Hello guys! I’ve got my first car ever not long ago and it’s w211 e200kompressor. Previous owner probably crashed and changed only the front suspension and I don’t know what else he changed because the front end of my car is lifted up significantly more and it looks ugly and the rear is very low. I was looking to replace to a new set and I really don’t understand what exactly should I change? I want my car to be lower, what suspension should I go for? Sachs, bilstein b6, bilstein b8, yellow bilstein ?? Should I change the shock absorbers too so it gets lower? Here’s a photo, please enlighten me on what exactly should I change so my car has that sporty look and feel

Old 05-27-2024, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,165 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Sachs was OEM but I've changed my out to Bilstein B4. Just cheaper at half the price of the Sachs and also lifetime warranty. When you do the struts, there's a ring on there that controls the ride height. By default it's on the highest ring but should be moved to the lower 2 or 3 steps from the bottom. Whoever did it probably didn't know to move the ring to a lower setting.

Otherwise it's the springs that control the ride height. Not sure if you need new ones but it's been known that if there's rust, the top or bottom of the spring could snap off and you won't notice it but the car will be riding lower. You go by color code on the springs but you can also look it up in EPC with your vin number.

You don't actually want it lower than stock, it's a harsher ride, more likely to get flat tires, cracked or bent rims due to less suspension travel.