anyone replace rims on 4matic yet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e500 4matic
anyone replace rims on 4matic yet?

since winter is approaching, and i want to mount snows on factory rims, i was wondering if anyone replaced rims on a 4matic yet. the setup doesnt allow for staggered rims and was curious if anyone has pics or opinions on what would look good w/o deeper rimmed rears, which i wish i could do, but cant due to computer and 4matic as told by dealer. thanks!!!!
Old 11-21-2004, 01:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Originally Posted by brlazar2
since winter is approaching, and i want to mount snows on factory rims, i was wondering if anyone replaced rims on a 4matic yet. the setup doesnt allow for staggered rims and was curious if anyone has pics or opinions on what would look good w/o deeper rimmed rears, which i wish i could do, but cant due to computer and 4matic as told by dealer. thanks!!!!
Check tirerack.com and enter in your car. You can select different rims and see how they look on your car.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
I have an new 4matic and I did replace the rims so that I don't have to mount and balance the tires every time I put on the winter set. I bought them at the tirerack.com. However, I did not go any bigger. Since I don't have the airmatic ride, I will not be able to soften the harder ride caused by the lower profile tires that would come with bigger rims.

If you are happy with the ride that your car has, then keep the current tire size. If you think you would like a harder/sportier ride, then get the bigger ones. However, I do not think that it is a good idea to get the bigger and wider rims for winter tires, it will cause your winter tires to be really expensive. I would use your factory wheels for the snows and then get something nice for the summer tires.

The tire rack will know the wheel offset you will need to make the bigger rims fit the 4matic wheel wells. I would both go to the web site and speak with someone on the phone. I always speak with Kurt.

I hope this helps,

Steve