E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Windshield: OE, OEM, or aftermarket

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350 4MATIC Wagon
Windshield: OE, OEM, or aftermarket

I’ve searched and found some info on this, but nothing current.

I need a new windshield for my car before I can get it inspected. I normally use Pilkington, but my normal windshield guy says he can’t get that brand for my car, ‘04 S211 non-pano. I’m thinking about buying one and having him install it as he’s done a great job on my other cars, and all he says he can get is cheap Chinese glass. I’m not sure insurance would pay for it as the crack was there before I bought the car.

I’ve seen cheap windshields and the wavy glass gets to me. There was another post here a few years back that listed two different windshields, one with an IR reflective layer? Anyone know of this? It’s supposed to be for Pano cars, but I would think it would work for non-pano cars, yes?

What are people’s currents experiences with windshields in these cars nowadays? What do you use? I’m not going through Safelite, that’s for certain!

Old Today, 04:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 434 Likes on 358 Posts
2021 GLB250 FWD, 2023 GLA250 FWD
Mercedes OE windshields are made by Sekurit, Saint Gobain, and Pilkington.

Everything I see says OE windshields are available. 211-670-00-00 is blue and 211-670-91-00 is green. The heat reflecting windshield will fit physically, but I don’t know if the edge masking is different.

Try ordering at mbparts.mbusa.com. Shipping to the local dealer is free. Shipping to your glass shop wil have an extra charge.

Safelite can order Mercedes OE windshields. But my local dealer was less expensive because Safelite marked up the cost of the glass. And Safelite doesn’t detail your car after service, either. 😉 We only use them for chip repair.