E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2003 Replacements Only ! Extended Warranty Issue...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 S550
2003 Replacements Only ! Extended Warranty Issue...

I had purchased a 3-year extended warranty from the dealer in Fall 2002 for my August build 2003 E500. Well, I was one of the re-builds based upon a change in navigation standards.

I received my replacement on July 24, 2003. I recently realized that I do not have documentation of the extended warranty. I asked the Service Manager, and he confirmed that there was nothing on record for this car.

I spoke with a really sweet but totally unknowledgablle lady who said she never heard of a replacement program but would investigate and get back.

So, to the best of my memory, fokls had different experiences at their dealers on the issue of extended warranty. I would like folks that fall into this category (3-yr extended warranty on a replacement) to let me know how your deler resolved this issue.

Any comments are appreciated.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
I remember a lot of talk about this, too, Chris.

I seem to remember that some said that they were able to have the extended warranty transferred to the replacement with no problem.

What is the policy if you sell a car with an extended warranty that has not yet been used or is not yet in effect? Isn't a refund the policy? If so, you would be due a refund on the warranty on the original car and could then buy one for the replacement.

I did not buy the extended warranty as I don't plan to keep the car longer than the warranty period.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:55 PM

2003 E-500
I bought the Extended Warranty only for my Nav Replacement vehicle and never had it on my original E-500 delivered in november 2002. The one I bought for the second vehicle was registered in the MB system the same day I bought it. It took about three months for me to get the "official notice" from MB but the computer system showed I had the warranty instantly after purchase and that's what is most important.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:50 PM

2013 S550
Originally Posted by etenn
I remember a lot of talk about this, too, Chris.

I seem to remember that some said that they were able to have the extended warranty transferred to the replacement with no problem.

What is the policy if you sell a car with an extended warranty that has not yet been used or is not yet in effect? Isn't a refund the policy? If so, you would be due a refund on the warranty on the original car and could then buy one for the replacement.

I did not buy the extended warranty as I don't plan to keep the car longer than the warranty period.
Those are some interesting thoughts, Ed. I haven't heard anything else from the dealer as yet. I do remember a lot of confusion about the replacement program at the time, but my salesperson stated that the basic directive from MB was to "keep the customer whole." They did install LoJack on the replacement as I had paid for it on the original. Seems to me that it should go the same way with the extended warranty.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:16 PM

2003 E500
Chris, I didn't get the extended warranty on either vehicle. Sorry bro. Wish I could help. Good luck in getting an answer... but since the replacement deal went as it did.. and everything was moved to the new car.. I would imagine that the extended warranty would have also... to NOT have that done was a negligent issue on the part of the dealer.. and should be done.. and you should be compensated =) Tell them your attorney can confirm this with them. I get 10% =)

Peter

PS: I am NOT an attorney, and am not licensed to practice law in Texas. Not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. =)