E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Still need help/advice e350 Me9.7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2024 | 07:44 PM

2007 E350
Still need help/advice e350 Me9.7

OK guys, its been a painful process (and really long) but I'm now stuck. If you havent read any of my other posts here is a quick summary:
-capacitor blew on original
-tried to have PCB repair but it was to far gone
-sent "new" donor board and old board to be cloned
-they didnt change the VIN on the clone so car still wouldnt start
-decided since they took so long the first time i would try and have PCB repair to move eeprom and Ext memory to donor board
-something still not right as the drive authorization still says N/A and when connecting Foxwell NT710 it is VERY slow connecting and reading ME
-I also bought Chinese Ktag and it wouldnt connect to either unit. They said that I needed to download version 2.23. Havent gone that way yet

That is the short version, there is a lot of reasoning behind going this route but now I'm stuck and just want it fixed.

Since the original ECU is now missing the eeprom and Ext Mem (now on the donor board) what can I do? Does some place have the original software/firmware that they can install and then update with my VIN so that the unit will work? If so does anyone have a recommendation on who/where I can send?

Can I load the original files on the ECU with the Ktag unit (if I can get version 2.23 to connect?)

I'm afraid that the donor still contains error codes that arent related to my E350 because, I have never seen any of those codes before. I saved all of the scans from original ECU and these were never there (such as cam position and fuel pump)

I know that I should have gone a different way from the beginning now but I didnt and this is where I am so please be helpful with any recommendations that can get me out of this mess.
Old 09-21-2024 | 09:51 AM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
hey bro do us all a favor use EPC to help find the applicable ECU for your VIN the start again with your clone BS