E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Fuel Injectors-Keep or Replace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2024, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C2804Matic & E350
Fuel Injectors-Keep or Replace

I'm in the middle of replacing the intake manifold on my W211 2008 E350. When it came to remove the fuel rail, one injector popped out of the rail and remained in the manifold. I tried removing it by hand and then gently with pliers with no luck. At that point, I removed the manifold and asked my neighbor to help me remove it from the hole. After about five minutes of both of use pulling in opposite directions it finally came out. I thought the issue may have been an offset O-ring but it seemed to still be in the right place. Question: Any Idea why this was so hard to remove? Most importantly, is this issue of difficult removal an indication if should be replaced? Odd thing is, this injector seemed to be the cleanest of them all, lacking oily residue above the bottom 0-ring. Most importantly, my neighbor says the abuse of all that pulling, twisting and breaking off the small to piece of green clip warrants getting a new injector. He says the main reason for that is the injector is bent but it looks basically straight to me. Should I replace it? If so, the car has 118K, should I just replace them all? If I was to replace them all, are the remanufactured genuine OEM injectors and option? If so, is there any reputable place online that can be recommended. I have attached some basic pictures to see what people think. The bottom of the injector is not damaged and the holes look good. My manifold kit came with O-rings, so the one I already removed from the top can be replaced and the bottom one that is hard can be removed and replaced as well. Thanks

Side

Flip Side-----------The top O-ring was removed to prevent damage before pulling it out.