E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

W211 AC System in a W201

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2024 | 04:28 AM

W201
W211 AC System in a W201

Hello guys,
maybe a bit strange, but i am building a W201 where i will install the M113 5.0 engine with a 8HP45 gearbox, which will be controlled by the standalone MaxxECU.
I will most likely build my own dashboard after i have scanned the the inside of the car, but besides the wiring and the ventilation ducts dont want to have anything else there, because i want the engine as close as possible to the firewall and i believe that the original vent that sits in the middle of the wirefall will not fit anymore, or even if it would fit, i still dont want it there to have more space around the engine and my plan is to install it in the trunk where also the battery will be mounted.

Now to my question:
Is it possible to use the W211 or e.g. W220 (or from any other model, it doesnt really matter) Air conditioning system with the ventilation box, blower, control module and control panel? Is it a "standalone system" or somehow connected with other modules from the W211?
I hope you understand what i want to achieve. The M113 5.0 Engine comes from the W220 S500 and has the original AC pump.

My first plan was to use a chinese 12V AC System and install it in the trunk, but thats not the best solution, because i would then need to build a ventilation box with flaps and control it somehow, which i would manage to get done, but lots of work. Its a lot more complicated then buying a original ventilation box, modules, etc..
If thats possible, then it would be the perfect solution and i could slowly order the necessary parts.

Hope you can help me out with that.
Thanks in advance,
Br Denis
Old 10-13-2024 | 03:50 PM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

1999 E300TD
this is not 1967 today there are onboard module communication systems------strongly suggest you read up before you are back whining about my transmission or my AC or engine mgt systems dont seem to work bla bla
Old 10-13-2024 | 04:20 PM

W201
Originally Posted by Plutoe
this is not 1967 today there are onboard module communication systems------strongly suggest you read up before you are back whining about my transmission or my AC or engine mgt systems dont seem to work bla bla
It seems you have not read my post or you have absolutely no clue about what you are talking. I am building a car, with a standalone ecu, which will control the engine as well as the gearbox. In the w201 there are no modules anymore, no wiring, no ecus, tcus or what ever.
The standalone ecu has to do with the AC system. (Even if it is capable of turning the the pump on and off at specific situations)
just read my post again. If you still don't get it then it seems you have no knowedge, so please just don't reply to my post.
I expected an answer like e.g. "yes you can do it, ..." or "no, its not possible, because the modules are connected to the w211 ECU or other modules" or something like that.
So, just one more time.in short: i asked if i can put the whole Air conditioning system (all parts/modules, panel) of e.g. a w211 to the w201 project car, so that I can turn on and off the AC pump, set up temps, control the flaps (window blow, legs, etc,.) via the w211 control panel..