E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Rear Window-Shelf Sat. Antenna Mount pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Rear Window-Shelf Sat. Antenna Mount pics

This has been talked about numerous times on previous threads. I said that I would post some pictures of the antenna and how they mounted it on my car. My dealer Glauser MB did it and it has worked really well (it even works in the garage, as long as the garage door is closed).

The only problem that I have had is that my electric cooler sometimes kills the reception when I have it on in the trunk. It is some sort of interference that I can insulate by throwing something like a jacket over the cooler in the trunk. I put the cooler in the trunk because I hate the noise it makes.

The best thing about this antenna is that it has no logo on it and is not advertising anything on my car. I also think it is pretty hard to notice (unless you are looking for it). The dealer actually suggested this installation; they don't like to drill through metal.

So here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails Rear Window-Shelf Sat. Antenna Mount pics-outside-further-view.jpg   Rear Window-Shelf Sat. Antenna Mount pics-inside-shelf-view.jpg   Rear Window-Shelf Sat. Antenna Mount pics-outside-rear-window-view.jpg  
Old 12-01-2004, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
hows the reception in general?
Old 12-01-2004, 02:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by Brav
hows the reception in general?
The reception has been great! I even get uninterrupted reception in canyon roads and in wooded areas. (And even in my garage (repeat)). That is why I figured out that my cooler was the problem. It worked wonderfully until I plugged it in and as soon as I unplugged it was on solid and clear.

The only BIG PROBLEM with mounting it in this spot is if you have metallic tint!!!!!!! I forgot to mention this because I don't have any tint (hence the shades/screens). My dealer mounts over 90% of their antennas like this and they don’t have any issues except with the tint. They solved that problem by putting the antenna under the hood grill!! Next to the windshield wiper sprayers. YES THEY DID THAT AND IT WORKS WELL TOO!

I must say that Glauser MB is quite good about this kind of stuff.

Steve