E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Any 6'3 folks wish the pedals were farther back?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
Any 6'3 folks wish the pedals were farther back?

I can move my seat all the way back, but wish the pedals could move more. I have long legs, and there is about 9" of space behind the pedals even when they are pressed in. I'd give anything for those Ford pedals. I wonder If I could move them back??
Old 12-11-2004, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CL550
Brav, I am 6'4" and with many other cars I have wished for the same thing, even my previous W210. Of all the cars I've owned, this one fits me the best, including leg room.

I owned a 99 Ford Expedition that had the movable pedals. My understanding was that the pedals only moved forward from their rearward most position. They did not provide any additional room for longer-legged folks. I think most cars are designed for women, not tall men.

With previous cars, I seriously thought about trying to have the pedals moved but never pursued it. I wonder if a shop that customized vehicles for physically challenged people could help. Only concern would be leaving enough space for full pedal travel.

I do have another problem related to this. Certain shoes that are longer than others rub against the top of the footwell when I move my foot between the gas pedal and the brake pedal. On my W210 this was a problem no matter what shoes I was wearing. I solved this by cutting a hole in the plastic covering and freed up quite a bit more room. I don't need to do this on the W211, just wondered if others with have had this same problem?
Old 12-11-2004, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
I have one pair of shoes that get caught (size 13). They are square toed with the soles that slightly protrude fro the sides. I checked and there is so much room it pisses me off. I often use cruise control so I can stick my feet between the pedals. The gas pedal is electric and mounts on the floor, might be tricky.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:07 PM

2011 C300 4Matic Sport
If you take a look behind the gas pedal on the W211, you'll notice a little black button that sends the transmission into "kickdown" mode. The challenge I see in moving the gas pedal rearwords is that you would most likely need to reposition this button since the gas pedal would be coming in at a new angle.

That's too bad it's difficult for you to get perfectly comfortable in such a nice vehicle. Good luck at resolving this an let us know if you find a solution.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:34 PM

2004 E320, 2004 Lexus GX470
I'm 6'3" with long legs. I often wish a little more leg room could be created but this car has provided me with the most leg room I've ever had in a car so I'm thankful. I wear size 13 and haven't had any problems with my shoes catching on anything though. Watch, now that I've read this I'll have problems ...
Old 12-12-2004, 04:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
I'm 6'2", and a 12, and the thing I noticed is that the "dead pedal" is not as large as the one in my W124. It feels a little like I have to balance my foot over there, but over a longer drive I tend not to notice it.