It's on the way!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E-500
Talking It's on the way!

Forum Members:

Just informed by the dealership that my vehicle (E-500), ordered on 9/30, is at the service center in Long Beach, Ca. That seems like a farily quick cylce including the boat trip. It should be released to the transport company in a few days.

I am allowing myself to become excited, which has been sparked by following the threads on this forum. Thanks to a link found here to the MBUSA owner's manual (normally only available to existing owners), I have completed the first read through of the 502 page document. I hope that this will avoid a few of the missteps that are normal in learning about this complex vehicle.

Hopefully, I will be able to pick it up the week of 20th, just in time for the holidays. Shortly thereafter I will post pictures and begin to contribute to the forum in a meaningful way.

Waiting in San Francisco
Very Soon
Old 12-10-2004, 05:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
It's actually not in Long Beach because the center is right near my house in Carson. I actually saw yours come in on the truck from the port. Nice color choice.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:58 PM

Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
I would just love to 'Sitting at the dock of the Bay'(Otis Redding), watching all the Mercedes coming into port.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by larryssf
Forum Members:

Just informed by the dealership that my vehicle (E-500), ordered on 9/30, is at the service center in Long Beach, Ca. That seems like a farily quick cylce including the boat trip. It should be released to the transport company in a few days.

I am allowing myself to become excited, which has been sparked by following the threads on this forum. Thanks to a link found here to the MBUSA owner's manual (normally only available to existing owners), I have completed the first read through of the 502 page document. I hope that this will avoid a few of the missteps that are normal in learning about this complex vehicle.

Hopefully, I will be able to pick it up the week of 20th, just in time for the holidays. Shortly thereafter I will post pictures and begin to contribute to the forum in a meaningful way.

Waiting in San Francisco
Very Soon
Please post some pictures of the car, I want to see that red. I want the E350 in that color when it comes out. Thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Reminds me of my experience! Ordered my car 9/25/03. It was scheduled to be built D1/Nov/03. Arrived at the dealership Sunday 12/21/03. Spent Monday the 22nd at Verizon getting a new phone number for the integrated V60 & getting insurance cards faxed to the dealer. Drove to PA on Tues the 23 to do the deal... and here it is almost a year later. Its the best car & ownership experience I've ever had. Get ready!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:32 PM

2005 E-500
Lightbulb What a Coincidence

Samoan Ridah:

That is amazing that you should spot my car on the truck. I guess you can see all the West Coast Mercedes from your window? It must have been my car as I could not locate that color at any dealership in the US. Please watch out for it and see that nothing happens to it. Another good reason for joining this Forum.

I wonder if this is the first time this has occured? :p

Counting down in San Francisco
Old 12-10-2004, 08:40 PM

300E
Samoan,
How much are you paying for your place?
I rather have Mercedes view rather than the Golden Gate Bridge view.