I got hit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Angry I got hit

I got hit today by a Toyota Camry. Worst thing about all this is i think they hit me because of the car. According to a witness he saw the car stop, then accelerate once he saw me in the lane. There are no brake marks from his car, i braked but it was to late for me. I was listening to John Mayer to on my way to pull in and get some gas, but no i have to get hit. Why does this have to happen to good people? Ill try and draw a diagram of what happen. Also to put the cherry on top of all this the cops were ****s, to me, and one of them jokingly said to another hey lets put him in the back of the police car. This is such bs, the cop who makes what 30,000 a year barely graduated high school talks down to me like im some punk who doesnt know anything. As if i dont know my rights. I tried to explain what happen and the cop didnt even wanna listen to me. He tried to make me feel like a ****, and now i dont know whats gonna happen. Thank god we have Triple A, the tow truck followed me home to make sure nothing happened, and i have 5 witnesses stating i was not at fault.
Here are the pics of the cars.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 528i MSport
Hey, were you making a left turn into the gas station? if so, guess what,y you'll be at fault. I know in Jersey, where I'm at, back when I had a Civic, I was in your exact position and i get nailed to the wall with points and insurance and the report said it was my fault even though I had witnesses to say otherwise and that the other guy was speeding.

Hate to see an E like that and it might work differently, hopefully it does for you, in California. Good luck with that...
Old 01-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Yikes. That sux. I hope everything works out for you.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:49 PM

E200 Kompressor (sold 2008), BMW 7 series (2009), now waiting for the E63
It physically hurts to see an E_Klasse in that condition ... hope it all gets fixed up real soon for you!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by DaCeptak0n
Hey, were you making a left turn into the gas station? if so, guess what,y you'll be at fault. I know in Jersey, where I'm at, back when I had a Civic, I was in your exact position and i get nailed to the wall with points and insurance and the report said it was my fault even though I had witnesses to say otherwise and that the other guy was speeding.

Hate to see an E like that and it might work differently, hopefully it does for you, in California. Good luck with that...

my chp buddy told me if what the witnesses said is true that he was stopped and then started when he saw me in the lane that its 2 violations. Assualt with deadly weapon, and also a moving violation, something that no vehicle shall stop or start on a highway or road with a clear and pressent danger or hazard to other vehicles. i cant remember the exact wording. The insruance company will hopefully investigate it and see these guys for what they are. When i asked if they were hurt at first they said yes he said his legs were hurt, then he told the cops he wasnt hurt. lets see what happens tommarow, all of a sudden his arm is broken or some other BS. i seriously Smell BS on their part.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:11 PM

This is a serious threat to us Mercedes owners. The other day I had a girl put her left turn signal on, slam on her brakes and then turn right. Then she gave ME the finger!?!?!? My wife and I were both in the car and neither of us could figure anything but jealousy as the cause. I was not tailgating, I never cut her off, etc. I was just driving normally. Strange but people do get envious and resentful. Poor peasants
Old 01-05-2005, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by luxury1
This is a serious threat to us Mercedes owners. The other day I had a girl put her left turn signal on, slam on her brakes and then turn right. Then she gave ME the finger!?!?!? My wife and I were both in the car and neither of us could figure anything but jealousy as the cause. I was not tailgating, I never cut her off, etc. I was just driving normally. Strange but people do get envious and resentful. Poor peasants

Not just mercedes, its nice cars in general. I still cant believe i kept a cool head about it. I wanted to just take a tire iron to those guys but i held back. Its funny because the guys passenger tried to fight me, and i just walked away. 5'10-11 cuban guy trying to fight a 6'3" black guy on the side of a road at 12:30 or so. man hes lucky im not like one of my cousins.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Not just mercedes, its nice cars in general. I still cant believe i kept a cool head about it. I wanted to just take a tire iron to those guys but i held back. Its funny because the guys passenger tried to fight me, and i just walked away. 5'10-11 cuban guy trying to fight a 6'3" black guy on the side of a road at 12:30 or so. man hes lucky im not like one of my cousins.

Sucks that they messed up your new ride, but the most important thing is that you walked away unscathed. I guess we should all be more attentive with our surroundings as we drive with all these idiots tryin to hate on us.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Damn Toyota owner. I hope all turns out well for you and sorry for the incident.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
DancingBenzos,

I am glad no one was hurt (at least you). I can totally relate to the issues of having nice things, but having other people with malicious intent try to ruin them. My 2-month-old W211 was keyed; this is quite upsetting (to say the least) since there was no reason to damage it. My W124 was also keyed (in a totally different are of the US), it had never been touched for 12 years!

Do you know why the Camry doesn’t have its front license plate? Was it from out of state, did it have a temporary plate on the back or were they simply breaking California DOT laws? I know that I have only heard your side of the story, but I totally believe that something is not right with this picture. The key for your success if fighting this ticket is having the witnesses either get deposed or show up for your case.

I am afraid to tell you that this will be a lot of aggravation, but not impossible, to get your driving record to stay clean and avoid any litigation. Just remember, anyone can sue for anything but it does not mean that they can win. If you win in traffic court (if you got a ticket for this) then you can take the Camry's driver to court, then before the court date comes offer to settle by having him sign a document renouncing his right to sue you or contact you ever again. My lawyer does all this kind of crap work for me and my business; he has the correct wording of course. I do a lot of business on the side of my day job and I never leave loose ends. I am paranoid about this kind of stuff.

As per how the police treated you, that is unacceptable. As a Mercedes Benz (and other luxury cars) owner for the past 13+ years I can tell you that we are treated very differently by police. I can speak from personal experience, three of my high school classmates are now cops. One of them is my best friend since I have been12 years old. They always tell me that Luxury car owners fall into two categories: really nice or total *****s. Not my words here, just theirs. I have personally totaled a Cadillac and a 300E! I was very lucky with the police both times. I have been pulled over for speeding 3 times and talked my way out of a ticket. My luck ran out last Thursday though, I got my first speeding ticket in 8 years! The cop did apologize profusely for “having to give me a ticket.” It was only $69.00 though, so I am not sweating it. My trick is to listen about 90% of the time and only talk10%. When I don’t like what they say I just let them keep on talking and try to catch them in a contradiction. Then nicely repeating what I said and bringing up their contradiction. At all times, sound as if you are really slow to understand what they are saying. Having them think you are stupid (rich or not) is a great advantage. Since these people are not the best educated people, they usually say a lot of stupid things that you can catch them on while your are being very nice. Just remember that these people all (including my best friend) have an AX TO GRIND. They get a lot of joy out of seeing wealthier people (or at least people who look wealthier) out of their element and acting like idiots. And most importantly, they are in a powerful position. Keep that comment about the back seat in your mind, but only bring it up if it can help you in court.

About your car . . . It could be much worse! It looks like a slow impact. The good thing here is that if the right body shop works on it, they will be able to bring it to factory spec. The only possible significant hidden damage would be your rack and pinion steering. The front control arm is totally designed to bend and take all the shock before the frame (the control arm mounts) bend out of shape. The key is to take it to a MB recommended/authorized body shop!!!!

I am sorry to write this much, but this just shows you how much these things and people aggravates me too!

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Steve A.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:21 PM

2003 E-500
You should let your insurance agent be the only person to talk with the party that hit you. The pictures would make it appear you are at fault so it is fortunate you have witnesses; however, a witness will not always stick to their story and may not be available when needed.

Be glad you weren't hurt and I wish you the best of luck in resolving this issue in your favor. It's possible that the party that hit you is an accident insitigator who purposely looks for opportunities to cause accidents. Unfortunately, we have a lot of these "low level types" operating here in California. A group was recently charged with multiple "fake accidents" in Southern CA and will, hopefully be sent to jail. Be glad they didn't claim "fake injuries" as that would further compound your problem.

So, LET YOUR INSURANCE AGENT DO THE TALKING and keep us informed of the outcome.

Good Luck!!
Old 01-05-2005, 11:27 PM

2004 E320, 2004 Lexus GX470
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
Dayum man. Sorry to see that. Equally as sorry to hear about the police treatment. A couple people warned me about being a person of color with a Benz and I said "get real it's the 21st Century". In the past year, I've been stopped and detained three times in the parking lot of the hospital where I practice, so I know some cops act like azzes. Hopefully their report won't unfairly hurt you down the line.

Last edited by topspin4hand; 01-06-2005 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Glad your alright....
Old 01-06-2005, 12:21 AM

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
Bummer! Sorry to hear about that, but at least you are alright.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
My sister who is a lawyer told me a few things. I dont know whats going to happen because of how it all happened. The car will be fixed or just traded in i dont know yet. This is the second accident i have been in in less than 3 weeks. the first was when i was a passenger in a rsx and the person rolled it trying to show off. so i have been driving extra carefully. Oo well everything happens for a reason i suppose.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:44 AM

'16 528i MSport
Yea smart move to let your insurance company's lawyers take care of the verbal and paperwork...just hang in there and it'll all come out just fine..
Old 01-14-2005, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
News?

Any updates?

Steve