E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

which color do you prefer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 C 280, '06 ML350
which color do you prefer?

i am considering either black, tectite gray, or brilliant silver as the exterior and charcoal interior for my new E. my current C is parchment inside and out. i was wondering if some of you current or past owners of these colored autos could help me decide. i guess maintenance is probably the deciding factor here but: 1. which color is easier to maintain? 2. will hide imperfections the best? 3.when properly maintained, gives has the best look! 4. looks best with charcoal interior. all opinions welcomed. thanks.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:01 PM

14 'E550
Brilliant silver is hands down the easiest to maintain, doesn't show scratches, keeps its shine....great at hiding imperfections. Also, the lighter colors show more of the cars lines (especially if you get the Sport package).

Black definitely looks evil on the new E, it looks great. But, its going to have scratches on it the day you pick it up. Black just requires a ton of attention to keep it looking nice, unless you don't mind lots of swirles/visible scratches.

Tectite gray is very nice, looks great indoors...not terribly exciting outdoors, I still like it very much though. Its extremely classy and is a nice alternative to black, since its fairly dark also and is definitely easier to maintain.

All three of these colors look great with a Charcoal interior.

Last edited by Beltfed; 05-29-2002 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:20 PM

2004 Range Rover, 02 S 600, 02 Yukon
well

tectite is no longer available for 2003 models in the US, so you are left with brilliant silver vs black.....thats an easy choice in terms of easiest to look after.....that would be silver, in fact black is probably the hardest color to maintain....also, silver shows of the car lines better and you wont get those pesky swirl marks like you would do with a black car......having said all that, if your completely **** about looking after your car, then black does look best when polished, and both look great with a charcoal interior.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:52 PM

Brilliant Silver is definitely the easiest to maintain out of the 3. It isn't really dark, so it looks good clean or dirty and I agree that it hides imperfections the best! Black is totally the looker when it is clean, but that is difficult if you havn't much time to care for it like that! Charcoal is a great match with all those colors and personally it is the only color interior I'd have in any car!!!! Just my 2 cents!!!!

DOMINIC
Old 05-29-2002, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

like everyone said..silver is the easiest to maintain...the 2 colors that you are choosing between are the most common colors the MB's come in... personally i would go wiht black just because there are tons of silver cars (of all makes).. i read a study where silver is the most sold color... so i would go with black just got that reason.. to be kinda different
Old 05-30-2002, 12:51 AM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
I have a silver and obsidian black MB. The first is very easy to maintain. No visible swirls. The black is very difficult. Swirls everywhere. Unless you give lots of personal attention, go for silver.
Old 05-30-2002, 10:19 AM

'97 C 280, '06 ML350
Thumbs up thanks everyone...

seems like brilliant silver w/ charcoal interior is what it will be! that was the choice i was leaning towards, but the black is also very appealing. thanks again.
Old 05-30-2002, 11:02 AM

1999 Porsche 911 Carrera
Obsidian Black

Obsidian Black gives you the best of both worlds. Its jet black and really nice looking.

Also, because its metallic like silver, it refracts light so the swirls and scratches don't show up...in fact because the color is slightly lighter than black, the dust doesn't show up on it either.

Thats what I chose because I love Silver and Black but owned both so wanted a change....I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 06-01-2002, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Desert Silver/Java for me!

-Musfather
Old 06-01-2002, 09:39 PM

i havent seen any pictures yet, but how do you guys think the glacier white will look on the new E?
Old 06-01-2002, 11:08 PM

14 'E550
The white on the new E is called Alabaster white, I would imagine its close to Glacier though. Just going by how the Sclass looks in white, I think the new E will look excellent in white as well.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:23 AM
Almost a Member!

Opel Astra Caravan, but in August i get the new e-class
The non metalic black color is as good as a metalic one.
I prefer a black W211 Avantgarde-Version with black Leather - like the E-Class in Men in Black II !

Greetings from Germany

merc
Old 06-04-2002, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
i used to like white...but it seems to be the "cheapest" color to produce. Most police and delivery vehicles are white....so that kind of turned me off....

a pearl white helps but...still...I like silver.