E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Price for a 2005 E320 CDI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 03:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Going to get an E320 CDI Euro Delivery in March, aprox March 18-28...

From Bill Ussery in Miami FL.....are these cars going under MSRP....can they be purchesed cheaper in other parts of the country (doing Euro delivery, so does not really matter where we purchase it fron anyways, except maybe dealer relations, but we have purchesed the last two Mers from them).....
Old 01-07-2005, 04:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
'05 E320CDI, 1987 300E, Vanagon Syncro, Turbo Arrow III
Originally Posted by AEsco48
Going to get an E320 CDI Euro Delivery in March, aprox March 18-28...

From Bill Ussery in Miami FL.....are these cars going under MSRP....can they be purchesed cheaper in other parts of the country (doing Euro delivery, so does not really matter where we purchase it fron anyways, except maybe dealer relations, but we have purchesed the last two Mers from them).....
I'd suggest doing a search in this forum for "European Delivery". You'll find a wealth of information here.

There's a standard 7% off list for ED. I think some folks here have negotiated down more than that.

It's a neat experience. I just did it in the first week of December, and it was delightful. Now waiting for the ship to dock stateside...
Old 01-07-2005, 10:37 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
You can negotiate the best price at any dealer in the US and have it delivered to your hometown MB dealer at no extra charge.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me:04 E320 Pewter:Wife:04 E320 White
I dont think you can have these delivered direct to a California dealership due to the emission laws here. Has anyone heard differently?

Jeff
Old 01-08-2005, 02:00 AM

2007 ML320 CDI, 2008 Smart ForTwo

You can not get the CDI delivered to a California dealer, even if you do ED. It can only be delivered to a state which will allow you to register it. I have been through this with my local dealer with no luck, So I just ordered one out of state and had no problems. There are ways around all the California Law BS. Hope that this helps
Old 01-08-2005, 09:28 PM

the car has to have 7500miles to get into califonia, hence it will no longer be "new" then. (check these out before doing them)

1) register it out of state at say your friends house, change your license to there,etc. Real pain. THEN, after 7500miles of driving - move the registration, your license,etc back to califonia.

2) if you know someone who can turn back mileages, they can also turn them up. register the car out of califonia, put the mileage up to 8000 miles, register it, then get it turned back to down.

3) apparently if your car breaks down and cannot be fixed out of state, and a mechanic certifies this, you can buy ANYTHING and to get back home to califonia. Hence a 100$ car, drive/tow it to Arizona, drain the oil and let it run and die. Get the mercedes mechanic to certify that it cannot be fixed (sign the paper) and then drive your new CDI home.

people do these things to get VW TDIs into the CARB states all the time
Old 01-09-2005, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by Messerchmidt
the car has to have 7500miles to get into califonia, hence it will no longer be "new" then. (check these out before doing them)

1) register it out of state at say your friends house, change your license to there,etc. Real pain. THEN, after 7500miles of driving - move the registration, your license,etc back to califonia.

2) if you know someone who can turn back mileages, they can also turn them up. register the car out of califonia, put the mileage up to 8000 miles, register it, then get it turned back to down.

3) apparently if your car breaks down and cannot be fixed out of state, and a mechanic certifies this, you can buy ANYTHING and to get back home to califonia. Hence a 100$ car, drive/tow it to Arizona, drain the oil and let it run and die. Get the mercedes mechanic to certify that it cannot be fixed (sign the paper) and then drive your new CDI home.

people do these things to get VW TDIs into the CARB states all the time
I don't live in California, but I think that this kind of stuff is most interesting! I have gotten tons of things done in my present and past jobs doing things like this. Then everyone is amazed to see that it was done.

Interesting that you know these things!

Steve A