E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Amg Fog Lights???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinto
Amg Fog Lights???

anyone know the part number to this apart? i need it so that i could put it on the Amg bumper i just got. thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Where were you planning to buy it? I bet the place you are going to buy it from knows the part number!

(sorry, I just don't understand the point about asking for part numbers...)

-s-
Old 01-11-2005, 03:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by scorchie
Where were you planning to buy it? I bet the place you are going to buy it from knows the part number!

(sorry, I just don't understand the point about asking for part numbers...)

-s-
Hi Scorchie,
I totally understand what you are saying on this specific point, but....... I think it a good idea to perhaps know the part number for the very newest CD Changer that actually takes CD's with Mp3's.

I am sure someone on the forum ordered a 'new' changer and even though they stated they wanted the one that played Mp3's they actually got the older version.

The stores person might well be at fault but if the customer gave the part number then there would be no ambiguity.

Regards,
John
A very wet and windy morning in Torquay 93% humidity
Old 01-11-2005, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E46 M3
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/38036-amg-package.html
Old 01-11-2005, 04:46 AM

pinto
i have the bumper already. i just need the part number so it would make things easier when i go to the dealer to place the order. thanks for the link. i have read that over and over already.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:04 AM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Originally Posted by glojo
Hi Scorchie,
I totally understand what you are saying on this specific point, but....... I think it a good idea to perhaps know the part number for the very newest CD Changer that actually takes CD's with Mp3's.

I am sure someone on the forum ordered a 'new' changer and even though they stated they wanted the one that played Mp3's they actually got the older version.

The stores person might well be at fault but if the customer gave the part number then there would be no ambiguity.

Regards,
John
A very wet and windy morning in Torquay 93% humidity
Yeah that was me you are talking about above.. Part numbers are important. I mean, how could they not be.. This is why they are called "part numbers" - to identify products.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by atssystems.com
Yeah that was me you are talking about above.. Part numbers are important. I mean, how could they not be.. This is why they are called "part numbers" - to identify products.
Totally agree. Did you get the right part eventually and if so does it work how you expected?

Regards,
John
Old 01-11-2005, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
While its nice to be able to trust everyone, to the parts guy, the retail customer is a pain in the butt. He would much rather deal with the "professional" who works on the cars inside the service department, and requests the same familiar parts over & over. Usually they appear attentive, but really want to get back to the "job at hand" or that cup of coffee. The parts numbers are really just an extra bit of insurance for the non professional part buyer (who's paying list price, by the way, not "to the trade" prices) to make sure that A) The counterman knows we have at least done a little research, and know what we want, and are not just making him go on a time wasting search, and B) It is reassuring to know that the parts guy comes up with the same part number. After all, we are paying in advance for special ordered parts which the parts department DOES NOT want to have to accept for return. They will give us a hard time if the special ordered part is the wrong one.

None of us is perfect. Thats why we need part numbers. Its not meant as an insult.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:04 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
The issue was that I just asked for the 2005 CD Changer which plays Mp3's. They put in the new 2005 CD Changer. Turns out the first couple months CD Changer for the 2005 does not play MP3's, this is why in the E brochure they do not claim it plays MP3's. So, they had the car for a day, put in in and it didn't work.. Waste of my time.

I got the correct part number here, called them back, they then found it, but no stock and I waited 2 months, and then they put it in.. It works great although the only thing it lacks is that the MP3 song titles do not appear in my speedo display although they do appear on the Command.

So, had I had the part number at the start they wouldn't have had my car for a couple days when they didn't need to..
Old 01-11-2005, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The problem is that PART NUMBERS CHANGE. The other problem is that people give you the wrong part numbers.

If you ask the people PROPERLY for WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR then you should get THE RIGHT PART.

Nokia 6310i interface for the W21... there are about SEVEN part numbers in two years because it has been replaced that often. So what happens when you ask for an old part number? You get something that probably doesn't work properly.

The MP3 CD changer SAYS RIGHT ON THE CHANGER that it plays MP3s. The description in the parts system SAYS THAT IT PLAYS MP3s. So if you make it clear what you want, and you don't get it, then it is THEIR FAULT. That's a very easy argument to make. If you ask for a part number, it has problems, and then you try and tell the place you got it something is wrong... you'll have a tough time explaining that. The parts guy at the front counter is SUPPOSED to help walk-in customers and do research like that. That is why the parts prices at MOST dealerships are MARKED UP from list price. The parts for SERVICE come from a different desk... these parts are LIST PRICE. The parts for OTHER SHOPS... that's even a DIFFERENT DESK (usually in the back of the dealership) that gives a discount on the parts. This is how it is at most dealerships unless you live where there's a VERY SMALL dealer.

Right here in this forum, with the same suspects as being quoted in this thread, not more than a few days ago, the part numbers for the metal pedals were requested... AND THE WRONG ONES GIVEN.

So I disagree... in most cases and to most people, part numbers are not helpful. The exceptions are when asking for parts that have multiple uses, or for something that is difficult to find, or being used in a capacity that it was not intended. Examples would be connectors and connector parts, or wheels. Also, if you are getting used parts from a source other than a dealership or parts supplier, the part number is good to verify that a part THEY ALREADY HAVE will work on your car... however you get into the situation where the part number may already be replaced and the part number you have doesn't match.

But that's OK, I'll stop trying to suggest how you should do things. I can get my parts fine and I guess that's what matters most.

-s-

Last edited by scorchie; 01-11-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:25 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Of course part numbers change. Right now we sell over 684 different versions of Acrobat 6.0. When they go to 7, the parts numbers change..

An example:
ACROBAT PRO 6.0 MAC FR EOL 010505
ACROBAT PRO 6.0 MAC FR

Do you know the difference? If you called and asked for this product Acrobat 6 Pro Mac, they could take both but would be given the EOL, but if they call and say, Acrobat 6 Pro for Mac and I want the one that comes out after the 15th, they get that one..

As for dealing with the dealership, I asked properly, I know what I am doing - I qualified it to them by asking to make sure it plays MP3's.. The problem you don't realize is that the people that you order from get the description off the computer - just as in my above example. I asked they way you mentioned and it didn't work, they installed the wrong piece.

QUOTE -- So I disagree... in most cases and to most people, part numbers are not helpful. The exceptions are when asking for parts that have multiple uses, or for something that is difficult to find, or being used in a capacity that it was not intended. Examples would be connectors and connector parts, or wheels.

As for connectors? Hey why not just do what you say and call and say, "You know the one that hooks up to the MP3 player, you know". It is the same thing.. You are blind to the problem because you know these parts but it seems you don't know the connectors and connector parts.

QUOTE -- But that's OK, I'll stop trying to suggest how you should do things. I can get my parts fine and I guess that's what matters most.

Yeah okay, so when people ask for a part number, give it or don't answer - I mean, hey don't share information you may have.. Whatever you want, it doesn't really matter to me.

Last edited by atssystems.com; 01-11-2005 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Of course part numbers change. Right now we sell over 684 different versions of Acrobat 6.0. When they go to 7, the parts numbers change..

An example:
ACROBAT PRO 6.0 MAC FR EOL 010505
ACROBAT PRO 6.0 MAC FR

Do you know the difference? If you called and asked for this product Acrobat 6 Pro Mac, they could take both but would be given the EOL, but if they call and say, Acrobat 6 Pro for Mac and I want the one that comes out after the 15th, they get that one..
If you give order a part number at Mercedes that has been replaced, you get one two things: 1) the old part ; 2) nothing. The parts person has to go out of his way to see if it has been subbed.

That's nice that you have a fantastic parts system to help you with your software. But we're not talking about that, we're talking about Mercedes ordering system, and there are three that need to be dealt with depending how you approach your parts order.

As for dealing with the dealership, I asked properly, I know what I am doing - I qualified it to them by asking to make sure it plays MP3's.. The problem you don't realize is that the people that you order from get the description off the computer - just as in my above example. I asked they way you mentioned and it didn't work, they installed the wrong piece.
The description IN THE PARTS COMPUTER says whether it plays MP3s or not. Now what?

As for connectors? Hey why not just do what you say and call and say, "You know the one that hooks up to the MP3 player, you know". It is the same thing.. You are blind to the problem because you know these parts but it seems you don't know the connectors and connector parts.
You're being awfully presumptuous. Many connector part numbers are not in the parts system. Now what?

Yeah okay, so when people ask for a part number, give it or don't answer - I mean, hey don't share information you may have.. Whatever you want, it doesn't really matter to me.
If it doesn't really matter to you, and it's whatever I want as you suggest, then why are you responding? Why not refrain from responding, instead of suggesting what I should do? Seems like it DOES matter to you.

To me, it looks like I am giving advice that makes sense, with reasons. You seem to give anecdotes of NOT getting the right parts in any case, so why are you qualified to make suggestions?

You were given part numbers for pedals (even the wrong part numbers at that) and you still didn't get any. Looks like you can continue on with your alleged success, and if it really doesn't matter to you, do like you said... don't say anything.

-s-

Last edited by scorchie; 01-11-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Hey Hey!! You guys are acting like my 8th grade students SHAME ON YOU! For that matter, you are also acting like my college students, when they are awake.

I value both of your points of view. Both of you have the right to post your opinions, but you should not be hell-bent on changing the other person's opinions and/or proving them wrong. You don't need to be a "one-man-school."

Both of you have true points of view but are judging by your experiences.

I only have one thing that has to do with this "cat fight" Having the correct part number when I ordered the rear mud flaps for my e-class saved me a trip and 2 days of waiting. The parts guy was going to order the wrong part. In this case it sure helped me. Also, when I called my dealer and asked for the side window shades for my car, the poor guy had no idea what I was talking about. I then got the part numbers from the forum and he found all the stuff. Same thing happened with the glove box shelf.

However, if you give them the wrong number and when the order comes in it is not correct, then it is your fault! Scorchie is right. It is good to have an idea of what the part number is, but it is best to still make sure the computer description is correct. If the parts guy screws up, then you don’t have any blame.

Just remember. . . "Don't wrestle with a pig, you both will get dirty and the pig likes it!"

I hope neither one of you slam me for being the self-appointed moderator here.

Steve A.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SAguirre
Hey Hey!! You guys are acting like my 8th grade students SHAME ON YOU! For that matter, you are also acting like my college students, when they are awake.

I value both of your points of view. Both of you have the right to post your opinions, but you should not be hell-bent on changing the other person's opinions and/or proving them wrong. You don't need to be a "one-man-school."

Both of you have true points of view but are judging by your experiences.

I only have one thing that has to do with this "cat fight" Having the correct part number when I ordered the rear mud flaps for my e-class saved me a trip and 2 days of waiting. The parts guy was going to order the wrong part. In this case it sure helped me. Also, when I called my dealer and asked for the side window shades for my car, the poor guy had no idea what I was talking about. I then got the part numbers from the forum and he found all the stuff. Same thing happened with the glove box shelf.

However, if you give them the wrong number and when the order comes in it is not correct, then it is your fault! Scorchie is right. It is good to have an idea of what the part number is, but it is best to still make sure the computer description is correct. If the parts guy screws up, then you don’t have any blame.

Just remember. . . "Don't wrestle with a pig, you both will get dirty and the pig likes it!"

Steve A.
I am just trying to give some tips on how to get the right part, and how to deal with parts guys. I do this every day. Since atssystems.com has had problems in the past on a few occasions, doesn't mean it makes it a bad way.

Just like, some people have died from wearing seatbelts in an accident. Should you not just because that happened? Probably not.

-s-
Old 01-11-2005, 02:51 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
If you give order a part number at Mercedes that has been replaced, you get one two things: 1) the old part ; 2) nothing. The parts person has to go out of his way to see if it has been subbed.

That's nice that you have a fantastic parts system to help you with your software. But we're not talking about that, we're talking about Mercedes ordering system, and there are three that need to be dealt with depending how you approach your parts order.

The description IN THE PARTS COMPUTER says whether it plays MP3s or not. Now what?

You're being awfully presumptuous. Many connector part numbers are not in the parts system. Now what?

If it doesn't really matter to you, and it's whatever I want as you suggest, then why are you responding? Why not refrain from responding, instead of suggesting what I should do? Seems like it DOES matter to you.

To me, it looks like I am giving advice that makes sense, with reasons. You seem to give anecdotes of NOT getting the right parts in any case, so why are you qualified to make suggestions?

You were given part numbers for pedals (even the wrong part numbers at that) and you still didn't get any. Looks like you can continue on with your alleged success, and if it really doesn't matter to you, do like you said... don't say anything.

-s-
As for the part that I ordered that you know so much about - The first CD Changer they installed in the car said MP3 in the part description and didn't play it, they showed me the part # on the unit and the part # on the computer and they matched. There was a guy in Europe that had it working, I asked him if he had the part number off of his unit, he did and I called them back and said, "this is the part # and they said, yes, we see it here and we will order this for you as a replacement" They put it in and it worked.

So, do you see the value in asking for part numbers? I bet you still don't.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The issue was that I just asked for the 2005 CD Changer which plays Mp3's. They put in the new 2005 CD Changer. Turns out the first couple months CD Changer for the 2005 does not play MP3's, this is why in the E brochure they do not claim it plays MP3's. So, they had the car for a day, put in in and it didn't work.. Waste of my time.

I got the correct part number here, called them back, they then found it, but no stock and I waited 2 months, and then they put it in.. It works great although the only thing it lacks is that the MP3 song titles do not appear in my speedo display although they do appear on the Command.

So, had I had the part number at the start they wouldn't have had my car for a couple days when they didn't need to..
Maybe you asked for the wrong thing. It's not the "2005 CD changer which plays MP3s", it's just the "MP3 CD Changer" used in 2004-2005 cars and also available as an accessory. Or, "MP3 CD Changer used in SOME 2005 cars." It really does make a difference, but you may not realize it.

-s-
Old 01-11-2005, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SAguirre
I was right in the middle of posting two p.m's. I blame my memory for raising the point, so my apologies to both of you.

Steve has poured the oil on this and hopefully I will look in a mirror and tell myself off.

Regards,
John
Old 01-11-2005, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As for the part that I ordered that you know so much about - The first CD Changer they installed in the car said MP3 in the part description and didn't play it, they showed me the part # on the unit and the part # on the computer and they matched. There was a guy in Europe that had it working, I asked him if he had the part number off of his unit, he did and I called them back and said, "this is the part # and they said, yes, we see it here and we will order this for you as a replacement" They put it in and it worked.

So, do you see the value in asking for part numbers? I bet you still don't.
I see your dealership has a bunch of people that screw up... or maybe they only treat YOU that way?

The description is put into the computer at the dealership by the parts people. They can put in whatever they want. The description from Mercedes only says MP3s on players that play MP3s.

You don't get it because you don't understand the way things work.

I see the value of part numbers for your situations, but what you get is your situations are not as common as everyone elses. For someone asking for a general part, it is better not to have the part number.

I guess you don't see that all situations are not the same. Can't you just leave it at that?

-s-
Old 01-11-2005, 03:10 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
You don't get it because you don't understand the way things work.

-s-
Whatever..

Again, "I did it your way and they gave me the wrong part." I can say it slower if you'd like..

When and ONLY when I got the right part number was I able to get the right part.

A tip, when you order a part by part number qualify by saying, this part (insert part #) - Does this play MP3's? Because I only want it if it does". Or, this part number for the side window shades, this comes with the hardware to attach it, correct?

Another example, I ordered the floor mats for my car, they came without a dead pedal area even after I pointed at the picture in the E Class brochure (In other words, doing it Scorchies way).

If I had first come here and asked for the part numbers and then called them and said, "..these floor mats, (insert part number), if these come with a dead pedal mat then these are the ones I want".

Last edited by atssystems.com; 01-11-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus

I guess you don't see that all situations are not the same. Can't you just leave it at that?

-s-
If we only could all have such inherent wisdom. Please pardon us mere mortals who know SFA about anything including the use of search engines.

The concepts that you describe are fair enough BUT... your tone sucks BIG TIME!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever..

Again, "I did it your way and they gave me the wrong part." I can say it slower if you'd like..

When and ONLY when I got the right part number was I able to get the right part.

A tip, when you order a part by part number qualify by saying, this part (insert part #) - Does this play MP3's? Because I only want it if it does". Or, this part number for the side window shades, this comes with the hardware to attach it, correct?

Another example, I ordered the floor mats for my car, they came without a dead pedal area even after I pointed at the picture in the E Class brochure (so, doing it Scochies way). If I had first come here and asked for the part numbers and then called them and said, "..these floor mats, (insert part number), if these come with a dead pedal mat then these are the ones I want".
Your point being, "No I can't just leave it that all situations aren't the same and I must try and force other people to do things my way whether it is in their best interest or not."

Got it.

-s-
Old 01-11-2005, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fastbuck
If we only could all have such inherent wisdom. Please pardon us mere mortals who know SFA about anything including the use of search engines.

The concepts that you describe are fair enough BUT... your tone sucks BIG TIME!
Point taken. But can others?

And do you think being sarcastic helps any?

The first thing in debate should be... argue points, and respond to other points, but don't be sarcastic or personal.

-s-

Last edited by scorchie; 01-11-2005 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:41 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Your point being, "No I can't just leave it that all situations aren't the same and I must try and force other people to do things my way whether it is in their best interest or not."

Got it.

-s-
Wow.. Force? I don't force people to do anything.. I don't know how you think expressing MY views is forcing people and expressing your views is helping people.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Gee Whiz, why do you take everything so personally? You get personally insulted when its not necessary. This is a discussion board, don't resort to "It's my ball, I'm taking it and I'm going home. Now no one can play" It detracts from all of the good posts you make.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Never try to outsmart a woman

There was a man who had worked all of his life, had saved all of his money, and was a real miser when it came to his money.

Just before he died, he said to his wife, "When I die, I want you to take all my money and put it in the casket with me. I want to take my money to the afterlife with me."

And so he got his wife to promise him with all of her heart that when he died, she would put all of the money in the casket with him.

Well, he died.

He was stretched out in the casket, his wife was sitting there in black, and her friend was sitting next to her. When they finished the ceremony, just before the undertakers got ready to close the casket, the wife said, "Wait just a minute!"

She had a box with her, she came over with the box and put it in the casket. Then the undertakers locked the casket down, and they rolled it away.

Her friend said, " I know you weren't fool enough to put all that money in there with your husband."

The loyal wife replied "Listen, I'm a Christian, I can't go back on my word. I promised him that I as going to put that money in that casket with him."

"You mean to tell me you put that money in the casket with him!!!!?"

"I sure did" said the wife. "I got it all together, put it into my account and wrote him a cheque. If he can cash it, he can spend it."

Have a nice day,
John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Amg Fog Lights???