goddam NY potholes!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2005 | 12:34 PM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
Originally Posted by sacguy
Looks like West Virginia is living up to its national image with that mobile house on stilts!!
Compare the WV mobile home on stilts with the new Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Se...ySUB_horiz.jpg

No, I'm not trying to touch off a debate on Clinton the Man or Clinton the President (puh...leez!) but the resemblance of Clinton the Library to a trailer on stilts has already been noted.
Old 02-28-2005 | 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Originally Posted by DWP
Compare the WV mobile home on stilts with the new Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/Se...ySUB_horiz.jpg

No, I'm not trying to touch off a debate on Clinton the Man or Clinton the President (puh...leez!) but the resemblance of Clinton the Library to a trailer on stilts has already been noted.
Is this the comparison you wanted to make:
Attached Thumbnails goddam NY potholes!-redneck-highrise1.jpg   goddam NY potholes!-clintonlibrarysub_horiz.jpg  
Old 03-01-2005 | 11:38 PM

'03 E500 sport
Crushed 19" Lowenhart

I hit 2 potholes doing 25mph in queens NY. It was early morning and i wasnt paying attention. I went to pass a bus and hit these potholes. The tire is fine and amazingly the same side back rim is fine. I actually had the rim fixed and it holding up well. I get NO vibration or pull on the highway. But honestly i wish i had my stock sport rims but i put them on my mom's 97 E class.
Old 03-02-2005 | 02:43 PM

'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
Cities, especially cities like NY, are relics from an earlier time before cars. You would never build one now.

More contemporary cities are more disbursed and more sensitive to the quality of their automotive travel. They are also very desirable, frequently overloading the capacity of their automotive infrastructure with expanding populations.

In NY, the equivalent is riding on highly uneconomic rail transport. NY city subways are designed to handle 250 people/car...44 siting. I once listed to a 20 minute discussion between the head of Car Maintenance (a 5000 person department) and the head of New Car Engineering on 'knee-room'. It appears the head of Car Maintenance (at the time) had a hard time understanding that people who were sitting still needed a place for their 'knees'.

Ask me why the IRT seats are so narrow if you have some spare time on your hands.