E350 - First Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E350 Wagon, 05 MINI Cooper S Convertible
E350 - First Drive

Got the chance to drive an E350 (Euro Spec) today. It was awsome, I drove a 545 about a year ago and was very impressed as I took it up to 150mph on the Autobahn. Well, the 350 did not dissapoint at all. It seemed to have similar power and acceletation. Braking from high speed was very confident. At 240kph, about 150mph, the car was solid. I wouldn't want to hold speeds like that for long periods of time, but the feel was good. It sprinted from 100kph to 180kph in seconds. A slap to the left on the shifter, and a punch to the pedal, and we were off. My only complaint: I took a CD with me to check out the sound system, stuck it in the slot and it never worked, it also never spit out the disk. I told the gal at the dealership and she said she would buy me a new one. My fear is that I may have forced it in with one already in there. Needliess to say, I can't wait to go pick up my new wagon. My drive home in my BMW 525iT just wasn't that exciting. Still waiting for final price.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by e350
Got the chance to drive an E350 (Euro Spec) today. It was awsome, I drove a 545 about a year ago and was very impressed as I took it up to 150mph on the Autobahn. Well, the 350 did not dissapoint at all. It seemed to have similar power and acceletation. Braking from high speed was very confident. At 240kph, about 150mph, the car was solid. I wouldn't want to hold speeds like that for long periods of time, but the feel was good. It sprinted from 100kph to 180kph in seconds. A slap to the left on the shifter, and a punch to the pedal, and we were off. My only complaint: I took a CD with me to check out the sound system, stuck it in the slot and it never worked, it also never spit out the disk. I told the gal at the dealership and she said she would buy me a new one. My fear is that I may have forced it in with one already in there. Needliess to say, I can't wait to go pick up my new wagon. My drive home in my BMW 525iT just wasn't that exciting. Still waiting for final price.
Great to hear a report on the new 350 Wagon! I am waiting pricing from my dealer(s) for the 350 wagon also. I almost settled on the Platinum Blue with Ash and then I changed to the Albaster White with Ash. I had a white 1990 wagon and really loved the way it always looked clean. Looking forward to more reports...thanks.

Jack
Old 01-29-2005, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Great to hear a report on the new 350 Wagon! I am waiting pricing from my dealer(s) for the 350 wagon also. I almost settled on the Platinum Blue with Ash and then I changed to the Albaster White with Ash. I had a white 1990 wagon and really loved the way it always looked clean. Looking forward to more reports...thanks.

Jack
Go for Platinum Blue. I have it on good authority that it looks awesome
Old 01-29-2005, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Le Burpor
Go for Platinum Blue. I have it on good authority that it looks awesome
you and Glojo really make it tough on a person to select a color...:-) You both have that great looking blue and Glojo doesn't like white on a wagon. Decisions, decisions...I still have time to change my mind a couple of times...I am going to go to the local dealer (not buying from him) and look at the Platinum Blue again.

Thanks

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 01-29-2005 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-29-2005, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
e350, what's the word on the price? Is it similar to the e320 or higher? If so, by how much??

NevadaJ, I love the Plat Blue as I think it's a classy color for all ages. Furthermore, i can assure the color looks good in all lighting conditions. I've had so many people telling me how nice the car looks with the color and these from people I don't even know.

Now, just to reinforce my opinion, a pic from another thread
Old 01-29-2005, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Le Burpor
e350, what's the word on the price? Is it similar to the e320 or higher? If so, by how much??

NevadaJ, I love the Plat Blue as I think it's a classy color for all ages. Furthermore, i can assure the color looks good in all lighting conditions. I've had so many people telling me how nice the car looks with the color and these from people I don't even know.

Now, just to reinforce my opinion, a pic from another thread
I have not seen any pricing yet but suspect some increase, plus I don't know the impact of the dollar against the eruo and what that will do to the price. 2% would be an expected figure but I have no idea at this point. With the new engine and 7 speed tranny it will be a nice package. I would prefer the 320CDI but I am just tired of waiting for MB to decide what cars will get the diesel. I guess the day after I get my new E350 they will announce the CDI in the wagon...isn't that the way things work..:-)

I saw your thread earlier and your car really looked great. I am going to have to take another look at the color options for sure.

Jack
Old 01-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Almost a Member!

06 E350 Wagon, 05 MINI Cooper S Convertible
The price of the E350 in Germany is 3.5% higher than the E320. I expect about the same thing for the US.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:15 PM
ATS
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E500 / 2001 C240
Yep.. You are right, it does seem you had another disk in there.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by e350
The price of the E350 in Germany is 3.5% higher than the E320. I expect about the same thing for the US.
Thanks. I think you are correct about the same here.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
you and Glojo really make it tough on a person to select a color...:-) You both have that great looking blue and Glojo doesn't like white on a wagon. Decisions, decisions...I still have time to change my mind a couple of times...I am going to go to the local dealer (not buying from him) and look at the Platinum Blue again.

Thanks
I personally love white. Especially where you live, white is great for those hot summers! It has become less popular lately, but I am sure that it will make a comeback! I have personally owned 3 Mercedes Benz, 1 VW Beetle, 2 Cadillacs and a BMW 740IL. ALL WHITE!

My Audi is a gorgeous metallic blue, but it is always showing dust and dirt. My E stays "clean as a whistle."

Steve A
Old 01-29-2005, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SAguirre
I personally love white. Especially where you live, white is great for those hot summers! It has become less popular lately, but I am sure that it will make a comeback! I have personally owned 3 Mercedes Benz, 1 VW Beetle, 2 Cadillacs and a BMW 740IL. ALL WHITE!

My Audi is a gorgeous metallic blue, but it is always showing dust and dirt. My E stays "clean as a whistle."

Steve A
I must agree Steve. The white wagon I had was the easiest color to keep clean. I may be tempted by the Blue but I see myself pulling in the garage with that white wagon....:-)
Old 01-29-2005, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
I must agree Steve. The white wagon I had was the easiest color to keep clean. I may be tempted by the Blue but I see myself pulling in the garage with that white wagon....:-)
I know what you mean, however, the Plat Blue is just the right tone that it'll take a lot of dirt to make it look dirty. It's not too dark and not too light..its perfect