WANTED: E-class manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
Exclamation WANTED: E-class manual

Hi all,
Someone stole my E-class manual while it was getting a slight repaint for a pierced bumper! No one at the service station is owning up, so I am properly pissed. I need to know what to do when the services come up (i.e. Service A, Service B etc) and when to change the oils etc. Needless to say Mercedes is happy to sell me a new manual for an exorbitant charge! btw it's NOT an authorised dealer (none exist here) so I can't just claim back from Mercedes).
I'm wondering if anyone here is willing to sell, or knows where I can buy a manual, either on paper or on CD, for the E-class. I do NOT want the technical manuals (such as you would see on diskrus.com) but just a normal owner's manual. I'm of course happy to pay a reasonable amount. Do email me if you're interested in selling. Thanks a dozen!
Old 02-03-2005, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
I assume you are in the U.S. If so, go to www.mbusa.com and sign up for Owner's Online. Enter the kind of car you have and then you can download an owner's manual for it. It's in PDF format. Once it's downloaded, you can save it on your hard drive and refer to it whenever you need to.

You can also download the maintenance booklet.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:17 AM
DWP
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 AM Vantage V8 - '03 E500
People in the U.S. don't usually get "properly pissed" or have "(un)authorised" dealers. Didn't somebody once post a link to a European W211 manual, from 2003? I have it as a downloaded PDF (2.8 Mb) but I don't know the original URL.

And, isn't it fun to play "guess the country" when people don't include that basic information?
Old 02-03-2005, 11:52 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
On Line

Here's the manual:

http://www.mbusa.com/media/downloads...tic_sedans.pdf

I copied mine to CD for preservation once the link is updated to the new models. It's also searchable by word, phrase, etc., which is very helpful.

Hope it helps!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E550, 2013 GLK
Originally Posted by DWP
People in the U.S. don't usually get "properly pissed" or have "(un)authorised" dealers. Didn't somebody once post a link to a European W211 manual, from 2003? I have it as a downloaded PDF (2.8 Mb) but I don't know the original URL.

And, isn't it fun to play "guess the country" when people don't include that basic information?
I don't know why I missed those clues.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by ruykava
Hi all,
Someone stole my E-class manual while it was getting a slight repaint for a pierced bumper! No one at the service station is owning up, so I am properly pissed. I need to know what to do when the services come up (i.e. Service A, Service B etc) and when to change the oils etc. Needless to say Mercedes is happy to sell me a new manual for an exorbitant charge! btw it's NOT an authorised dealer (none exist here) so I can't just claim back from Mercedes).
I think you once stated you come from somewhere in Asia?

It would help things if you show country and also type of E-class

Good luck with your request,
John
Old 02-03-2005, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Well, this brings up a good point. On my last three Mercedes cars I have always kept the manual in the passenger's door storage slot. On the W211, the manual and its leather-like case barely fit, but that is where I have it.

Should I take it out of the car? I know that the nice leather case and some other things can not be bought at the dealer if they are lost. Of course, E Bay has plenty of them for sale, but they want about $50.00 or more. If I do end up removing them from the car, then I guess I should at least keep the service booklet in the car so that it can be filled in when I bring it in.

I find it interesting that some people don't bother even stating what country that are in.

Steve
Old 02-03-2005, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My specific model with its options came with a DVD manual. Do other countries have the same option?

This stays in the vehicle and the 700 plus pages of information stay indoors.

Regards,
John
Old 02-03-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
Originally Posted by SAguirre
Well, this brings up a good point. On my last three Mercedes cars I have always kept the manual in the passenger's door storage slot. On the W211, the manual and its leather-like case barely fit, but that is where I have it.

There's a custom made space for it within the rear armrest.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Fastbuck
There's a custom made space for it within the rear armrest.
Hi Fastbuck,
Ours fits in a nice little slot in the front glovebox.

I've only looked at it once though.

John
Old 02-03-2005, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
Well, my car did not come with a DVD manual. It is just a well that it did not come with one since this tendency to avoid reading is really getting to bother me a lot. However, that is a whole different thing.

I will see if the whole book fits inside the rear armrest. I have the impression that it is too thick. Also, now that I have the glove box shelf I might be that the manuals with the leather book will fit perfectly in there. However, having them in the door is not bad either, it leaves the other parts of the car for storage of things that you might need to access quickly.

The US MBs do come with a very handy little spiral-bound flip chart that is a quick reference guide. It is nice to use at first when you just need to reference something quickly.

Steve
Old 02-03-2005, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The USA manuals & leather "pocketbook" do not fit anywhere inside the vehicle except on top of a seat... No way on the rear armrest! It will fill the entire glove compartment. (Forget about getting the shelf for the glove box at the parts counter!)

There is a bowl shaped storage compartment under the spare tire "false floor access" cardboard in the trunk floor under the cardo net. The spare tire is what I expected to find there, when I opened it up, but the tire is actually under that bowl shapped 2nd false floor! You could keep the manuals pocketbook there.
Mine are in the pocketbook, in the Mercedes plastic shopping bag that the dealer put all my new car stuff into at the time of delivery hanging over a chair in the den in my house since December 23, 2003, 5 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 AMG Sport and 2020 GLC300
I had my entire manual packet removed by a MB dealer, including the tool for closing the sunroof. I got some of the things replaced, but never got a manual. The crap I got from the dealer over this made me think they were a used car lot, not a MB dealership.

I finally had to buy one from MB, but it is not an original. Just a photocopy. The point is, if you want one, you had better get one from MB now before they are all gone. Besides, they aren't very expensive.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by SAguirre
I will see if the whole book fits inside the rear armrest. I have the impression that it is too thick.

It must be the "big writing" for the US market. :p
Old 02-04-2005, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Its not the "big writing" its because our books have many disclaimers due to our Big Lawyers. Also, apparently we have more booklets & stuff in our leather "pocketbooks". Even if just the ops manual fit in the car, I wouldn't want it separated from all of the other manuals. The hidden Bowl shaped storage compartment is really the place for all of it.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Afternoon everyone,

A married couple was in a terrible accident where the woman's face was severely burned. The doctor told the husband that they couldn't graft any skin from her body because she was too skinny. So the husband offered to donate some of his own skin.

However, the only skin on his body that the doctor felt was suitable would have to come from his buttocks.

The husband and wife agreed that they would tell no one about where the skin came from, and they requested that the doctor also honor their secret. After all, this was a very delicate matter.

After the surgery was completed, everyone was astounded at the woman's new beauty. She looked more beautiful than she ever had before! All her friends and relatives just went on and on about her youthful beauty!

One day, she was alone with her husband, and she was overcome with emotion at his sacrifice. She said, "Dear, I just want to thank you for everything you did for me. How can I possibly repay you?"

"My darling," he replied, "I get all the thanks I need every time I see your mother kiss you on the cheek."

Bye for now,
John
Old 02-04-2005, 11:49 AM

Brilliant as usual Glojo.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:24 PM

Mercedes all the way!
hahaha brilliant joke! =) thanks to everyone who replied so quickly -- i spend about 60% of my time in Asia (Malaysia & Singapore) and the rest in the UK, hence the slightly patchy english and weird expressions :P not sure which part of the world i call home, though. never thought about putting my country of origin before -- guess i'm just too lazy :d

anyway, the USA link was certainly useful although my E is a 240, which wasn't covered (it's in Asia). but generally, most of the things are the same, i think. except of course for the steering being on the wrong side :P
Old 02-04-2005, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ruykava
hahaha brilliant joke! =) thanks to everyone who replied so quickly -- i spend about 60% of my time in Asia (Malaysia & Singapore) and the rest in the UK, hence the slightly patchy english and weird expressions :P not sure which part of the world i call home, though. never thought about putting my country of origin before -- guess i'm just too lazy :d

anyway, the USA link was certainly useful although my E is a 240, which wasn't covered (it's in Asia). but generally, most of the things are the same, i think. except of course for the steering being on the wrong side :P
Hi ruykava,
Am I right in thinking Asian E-class have a model type, as opposed to just a number?

Take care,
John
Old 02-04-2005, 03:37 PM

Mercedes all the way!
hi john, yup we certainly call it the E240, like everywhere else in the world. otherwise the C240 drivers would get too ****y now won't they?

sorry to trouble anyone again, but could someone please post a link to the maintenance manual from MBUSA's site? i tried to register but it required my VIN, zip code and other info, which i simply do not have. also, the other mercedes websites around the world do not have this facility! shame on them!

lots of thanks =)