E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Bi-xenon Retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 SLS Black Series, 09 SL65 AMG Black Series, 15 G63 AMG, 15 Ferrari Speciale, 16 GTR Nismo
Bi-xenon Retrofit

hello all,

i'm a newbie. i just bought a slightly used 2005 E55 with 3200 miles on it. i love the car, but it did not have bi-xenons. when i bought the car, i thought it wouldn't be a big deal to retrofit them (i had before on one of my cars previously).

anyway, i've called several dealers here in atlanta and they want approx $7000 to $10000!!! they have to be nuts. they said they had to change out the entire wiring harness, and it wasn't just a "plug-n-play" for 2005 models.

is this because of regulations and laws for self-leveling and so forth? can the halogens be upgrade with the bi-xenons without changing the entire wiring harness? i'm assuming i won't have the self-leveling or adaptive features...but i don't care. i just can't stand the yellow lights.

has anyone upgraded his/her halogens on an 2005? what do i need to do to make this happen? what should be a reasonable cost? where can i get some bi-xenons at a good price? how hard is the intall?

thanks for your input.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 E500 Silver/Charcoal
Bi-Xenons

I just had my 05 E500 retro fitted with the OEM bi-xenons. It was done by the dealer. Just plug and play. Just need to drop the bumper and reprogram to Xenons present to install. Self leveling will not operate.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:20 AM

Tesla
I am looking for install tips as well. Found a pretty good deal on a pair but the thoughts of dropping the bumper scares me.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Yes, it could be done, for anywhere from $800-1000 (new part), contact SteveNL.

I got mine done for less than $400. Bought a set off eBay (broken tab, but I fix it myself).

Everything is straight plug and play. I didn't have to reprogram anything. Auto leveling doesn't work, but I don't really care much about it.

For $10K, I think I can retrofit the entire fleet of Mercedes

Originally Posted by XRAYAMG
hello all,

i'm a newbie. i just bought a slightly used 2005 E55 with 3200 miles on it. i love the car, but it did not have bi-xenons. when i bought the car, i thought it wouldn't be a big deal to retrofit them (i had before on one of my cars previously).

anyway, i've called several dealers here in atlanta and they want approx $7000 to $10000!!! they have to be nuts. they said they had to change out the entire wiring harness, and it wasn't just a "plug-n-play" for 2005 models.

is this because of regulations and laws for self-leveling and so forth? can the halogens be upgrade with the bi-xenons without changing the entire wiring harness? i'm assuming i won't have the self-leveling or adaptive features...but i don't care. i just can't stand the yellow lights.

has anyone upgraded his/her halogens on an 2005? what do i need to do to make this happen? what should be a reasonable cost? where can i get some bi-xenons at a good price? how hard is the intall?

thanks for your input.