E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Mp3 Folders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Mp3 Folders

Ever since our vehicle had the Mp3 upgrade, we have been fortunate enough to listen to Mp3 tracks played via the COMAND. I had always been informed that we could actually make 255 folders and the COMAND would play them. Unfortunately this was not the case and 70 folders was nearer the maximum.

I have never seen the need for having 255 folders, but Mercedes-Benz claimed that the system could do it. So do it they should. It was also stated that no folder could contain more than 255 files and I can confirm that mine will recognise a maximum of 255 files per folder.

Last month our vehicle went back to the dealership for a number of updates, one of which was to the COMAND system. Now, surprise surprise the COMAND can indeed play 255 folders!!

Once again it looks like we are being used to develop electronic gadgets that should not be released until they are working properly.

It is indeed a brilliant car with lots of excellent goodies, but what has happened to Mercedes-Benz?

Bye for now,
John
Old 02-14-2005, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Be glad that these software releases are available! In some cases, the updated software is considered to be a "new featureset" so it is not available as an update, although providing it would be relatively easy.

-s-
Old 02-14-2005, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
E-class E300e Estate, Sprinter (stretched limo)
Originally Posted by scorchie
Be glad that these software releases are available! In some cases, the updated software is considered to be a "new featureset" so it is not available as an update, although providing it would be relatively easy.

-s-
We complained to Mercedes-BenzUK approximately four months ago about this issue and another member actually had to demonstrate the problem to them on one of their own demonstrator vehicles.

So perhaps Mercedes-Benz should be grateful that we do not charge them for finding these problems.

Take care,
John