Saw 1!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Saw 1!

And sorry to say was not impressed! I've been waiting to see it on the road as I live very close to Mercedes and BMW NA headquarters here in NJ. We typically see wrapped cars before they are released here but this one was completely uncovered. The squarish taillights did not do it for me and the overall appearance was very 204 C class-ish. This was a 4 door not a coupe. No AMG package I guess what you'd call regular or elegance if you want to call it that. To each their own I guess. Maybe the E coupe w/ the sport package will sell me but the one I saw sure didn't. It was dark blue by the way pano roof. Wish I had time to snap a shot but I'm sure I'll see it again soon enough. These cars that come from the HQs down here all have DTM on the license plate. Does anyone know what that stands for?

Also, I know this doesn't belong here but I saw a mystery BMW right along the HQ's road parked at a Dairy Queen the other day. I want to call it the BMW M1 prototype but I know what I saw was definatly not a kitted up new body M roadster or anything like that. The tailights were distinctly 1 series and it had quad piping and BMW like either assistance or like some type of lettering and garbage on it it looked super official. This one was white. Pretty nice M sound coming from the car as it passed (reason I noticed it) It was a stock looking car too it wasn't something that was kitted up or with aftermarket wheels it was pretty serious. I hope to see it again but who knows. I know this all sucks without any pictures but sometimes it just happens too fast. I nearly left my girlfriend in the cold standing on line (this is a walk up old school dairy queen) to chase this BMW it was just one of those things you might not ever see again.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I saw an untaped E550 making the dealer rounds a couple weeks back. It looks sharp in the sport cladding. The lights are gorgeous at nightime. The overall shape of the car, especially towards the rear reminds me of the older generation Mercedes E Class. Simple, elegant, and makes a statement in person. Pictures don't really do it justice.

The LED lights upfront are BRIGHT.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:17 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Almost everyone I've seen post an opinion of their live viewing of the car has had mostly a negative opinion of it. I don't like it in the pictures, so I'm starting to get more sure about carrying that opinion when I see it. I still am eagerly awaiting seeing one on the road though.