Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by petee1997
K-A it's like a woman with a great body but you can't stand looking at her face. Sometimes we just close our eyes and enjoy the ride. After a while she grows on you.

PS
I took delivery of my new W212 Saturday. It is not the car I had on order but has the same equipment except for tech pack and is Iridium Siver with black interior instead of the colour I ordered. I had not driven a Sed prior to this car and I must say I was not disappointed.

Haha, nice. I always use that same comparison, but mine is very different....

I never believed in the term "growing on you", as to me it just means, "deciding not to care and letting the "corporation" decide what I like better", or simply just warming yourself up to something because it's new and available.

When I want to get serious with a girl, she's gotta knock me out from the second I see her, no growing on tomfoolery. A car's gotta do the same, which is why I'm pretty certain I won't ever necessarily love the W212.

But to each their own.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drive=08 tundra, own 2010E550
i just bought one sunday and love the styling of it!!! my wife and i looked at a bunch of cars and this was by far our fav!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 C43 AMG
I just picked my new baby...
2010 E350 Steel Gray, Premium I , Wheel Package & Panorama Sunroof.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:24 PM

2012 CL550
New owner here too! Picked mine up last week after several months of shopping around. Will post a longer update with pictures soon, but so far the car is fantastic and improved in every way possible over the W211, particularly from a quality and technological standpoint.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:43 PM

Over a 1000 miles now and switched over to sport mode and the 7 speed tranny is way better than the 5 speed on my 07 4 matic. I love this car but as I said before the lack of a phone cradle and the tempermental keyless go buttons on the door handles is very annoying. They buttons don't work nearly as good as my 07 model. They have a delay and sometimes don't pick up your finger, which never ever happened on my 07. The Ipod controls are much better with the updated command system, as an example with the W211 if you used your phone the song on the ipod would keep going and when you came back from the phone call you the song didn't pick up where you left off but rather you could be into another song, now with the 212 the song is paused during any phone call.

As far as driving is concerned the car is wicked quick in sport mode and when using the paddle shifters its awesome. As lazy as this sounds I actually have found the automatic trunk closer that comes with the P2 package to be useful. I still miss the side window shades for my kids that I had on my 07 but apparently most people were cheap and never ordered that option. Another interesting point on the car is that the rear seat headrests don't fold down so they cause a little bit of a blocked view at times especially when trying to back up. I guess they think the rear view camera makes up for that but I never even look at that display when backing up. A weird thing I noticed on the MB site when you try to build your car if you select sport option the Burlwood is not an option however my car came with the burlwood with sport option with black leather seating.

As far as a lease price is concerned I spent $800 with total out of pocket of $5k for 18k miles a year for 39 months for E350 4 matic, obsidian black, black leather, sport package, p2 package, rear split seats, parktronic and heated steering wheel.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
Is there anyone already got E550 4matic? I visited dealer today. Sales person checked NetStar and told me "There is only one E550 4matic in stock on East Coast...."

Last edited by zaxxon; 09-12-2009 at 06:48 PM.