Anyone completely satisfied?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 02:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Come on guys, stop fighting.
This forum is for pleasure, not for fights. There are many things in life to worry about, but it's definitely not a car....even Mercedes Benz.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
^^ You got that right.

I expected this thread to shed some light on how much actual W212 owners are. The new E Class looks impressive, has a lot of new technology in it, but there are some things that could be better. However, that is subjective.

Do the lights on the E look similar to the Camry as noted earlier? Sure damn do. That is not even an arguable point, the shape is pretty much a match. Would I rather have a Camry? Look at my sig. I own three MB's. Make your own conclusions.

Would I buy the new E? Sure I would if I was in the market. The car looks refined, and MB had to put out a solid car to get their street cred back up. It's not the best for the price points MB charges for cars these days. It is getting better, and the E along with the C were slated to be as "dead ringers" in that respect. Someone will not like the E, C, S, CLS, etc. for some reason(s). As I said, it is subjective.

Arguing about the damn car like some little girls certainly won't help or add to the discussion, and yes I am completely satisfied. Sexually.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 983 Likes on 719 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by W212350
----------------------------------------------------------

What a complete tool you are. Painfully gorgeous rear end ? Seriously get a life, youve been called out by plenty of members on this board, GTF off this board and go to the W211 board, since that is your true love anyway, go whisper sweet nothings about your old car with the rest of the W211 members, atleast they stay on their board and discuss the W211. we have all heard your opinion 4million times, your like a little whiny |3itch that just doesnt STFU . You got nerve to talk about tail lights ? Look at the W211 tail lights.. Oh im sorry is that a camry ??
What this post tells me is that Mercedes has indeed succeeded in making inroads with a different caliber of E-Class buyer with the W212.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
What this post tells me is that Mercedes has indeed succeeded in making inroads with a different caliber of E-Class buyer with the W212.
I think that started with the C Class. I am not one to knock anyone due to socioeconomic status, real or perceived but this thread as well as others of late have turned from a start of real insight and helpful thread to complete garbage.

I will go test the new E and get some more insight and real feedback myself as it doesn't look like it will come from this thread. I saw it and looked around the last time I was at the dealer.

Does anyone that actually owns the W212 have something to chime in?
Old 10-18-2009, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by bigben320e
I think that started with the C Class. I am not one to knock anyone due to socioeconomic status, real or perceived but this thread as well as others of late have turned from a start of real insight and helpful thread to complete garbage.

I will go test the new E and get some more insight and real feedback myself as it doesn't look like it will come from this thread. I saw it and looked around the last time I was at the dealer.

Let us know your thoughts.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe

There are idiots and stereotypes with any brand. Audi, BMW, MB, Lexus, Toyota, Subaru, you name it. Go surf some other car forums and you'll see a lot worse.

It has nothing to do with socioeconomic status. Or type of car. It has to do with one's own personality. That's really what it's about.

Anyway, I see you're from Atlanta. You probably already know this, but there's a woman at a MB dealer in Atlanta who seems sharp and knows her product.

She has her own MB blog:
http://www.benzblogger.com/

Lots of good info there. If you don't know her, maybe check her out (and report back here, I'm curious.)
Old 10-18-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barolo S550, 2010 E, 1966 SL & others.

I am completely satisfied with mine.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by 220S
The Camry pic that you posted came after the W210 which has similar tail lights. The W211 was a slight revision of the W210. The Camry is the copy.

Yes, it's probably time to let it rest. But the fact is this sort of thing happens when a new car design is released. If you have ever been a BMW owner, the controversy over Chris Bangle was violent and went on for years.

The Porsche 996 still has not yet lived down its controversy, either.
+1, +1, +1

Last edited by gaazmon; 10-19-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:44 AM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
Completely satisfied...
Attached Thumbnails Anyone completely satisfied?-img_0918_2.jpg   Anyone completely satisfied?-img_0920.jpg   Anyone completely satisfied?-img_0921.jpg   Anyone completely satisfied?-img_0922.jpg  
Old 10-19-2009, 01:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C350 Elegance
Smile

Originally Posted by K-A
Anyone condemned to live in LA and to drive a Malibu, deserves an outlet once in a while. The key is to take his comments as from whom they come... you know: chin up, stiff upper lip, and all that.

We have to admit that in this case we face an exceptional specimen expert in human behavior, good taste, quality of materials, design vogues, and motor car values... sort of like a Charlie the Tuna. Besides, being an absolute possessor of the truth, he cannot resist staying after having been advised that the party is over.

Well, for what is worth, his contributions have allowed us to measure his personality and knowhow. We have nothing to be concerned about.

As for his remarks about MB quality, Daimler is a manufacturer of Sport (winner at the tracks of this world) cars and Luxury cars. This means that it is your duty and your wallet's to dictate what you wish in your Mercedes car: from the Spartan taxicab to the Super Aristocratic one-of-a-kind Limousine. Money talks... BS rides cars without luxury features.

Loosen up K-A, life is too short. JV
Old 10-19-2009, 06:35 PM

2010 E350
Originally Posted by eliontakis
Completely satisfied...
Totally F'King Wicked! Makes the previous 63 look old.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:52 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by JoeVal
Anyone condemned to live in LA and to drive a Malibu, deserves an outlet once in a while. The key is to take his comments as from whom they come... you know: chin up, stiff upper lip, and all that.

We have to admit that in this case we face an exceptional specimen expert in human behavior, good taste, quality of materials, design vogues, and motor car values... sort of like a Charlie the Tuna. Besides, being an absolute possessor of the truth, he cannot resist staying after having been advised that the party is over.

Well, for what is worth, his contributions have allowed us to measure his personality and knowhow. We have nothing to be concerned about.

As for his remarks about MB quality, Daimler is a manufacturer of Sport (winner at the tracks of this world) cars and Luxury cars. This means that it is your duty and your wallet's to dictate what you wish in your Mercedes car: from the Spartan taxicab to the Super Aristocratic one-of-a-kind Limousine. Money talks... BS rides cars without luxury features.

Loosen up K-A, life is too short. JV
Ah, typical, the busting my chops about the Malibu.

I was gonna buy a W204, but needed something that would be comfortable and quiet for long trips, plus it had a comparable interior, with the extra money saved it was a no-brainer.

Totally F'King Wicked! Makes the previous 63 look old.
Yeah you've made your personality type apparent, so it's understandable why the word "old" would essentially be a blow to your ego. At least it doesn't make the past model look ugly.

Nice 63 though.

Last edited by K-A; 10-19-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
Completely satisfied...
Looks Bad A$$
Old 10-19-2009, 09:15 PM

2010 E350
" Nice 63 though "

yeah it's nice huh? If the new 63 is just "nice" than your oldschool 350 by definition is a complete peice of S|-|IT.. If MBUSA offered you a 2010 E350 straight up trade for your old 350, you would do it in a heart beat and you absolutley know it. What a J.O.. You're like a woman who constantly complains about Versace clothes but spends her days in Versace boutiques all day long.Tool.

Last edited by W212350; 10-19-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There are idiots and stereotypes with any brand. Audi, BMW, MB, Lexus, Toyota, Subaru, you name it. Go surf some other car forums and you'll see a lot worse..
You got that right. I have seen much worse, the worse ones are some of the higher end car forums...cough cough...Lambo.

It has nothing to do with socioeconomic status. Or type of car. It has to do with one's own personality. That's really what it's about.
Let me clarify, it's not me basing anything on socioeconomic status, but rather several other members here do and have. I have seen and observed this behavior here quite a bit. I thought that was rather judgemental, that was my point and you are right it's about personality. If you are a pompus jerk it does not matter if you have money or not. You are still that at the end of the day.

Anyway, I see you're from Atlanta. You probably already know this, but there's a woman at a MB dealer in Atlanta who seems sharp and knows her product.

She has her own MB blog:
http://www.benzblogger.com/

Lots of good info there. If you don't know her, maybe check her out (and report back here, I'm curious.)
That is a good site, an yes I am aware of it. I will read up some more on the E series, I see some good stuff there so far, thanks for pointing that out. I was looking for some people to actually comment on the new E that own it, which some have, on topic of the discussion. Kudos to you and them!
Old 10-19-2009, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Bunch of crazy people with sick ideas .....don't kill each other....
This thread must be deleted....
: smash:

Old 10-19-2009, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Completely satisfied...
Your statement and pictures say it all. Looks good, and are satisfied. Completely.

Guys, stop arguing about the damn car and more like the folks posting on the car they actually have. If you don't have the new E, why are you even commenting here? It's not a "like" or "evaluation of looks" thread.

The OP clearly stated those that have the new E, are they completely satisfied? People like myself came to the thread to hear comments from these people and then get in the convo. Reading comprehension and staying on topic are skills we should all have. Just my .02.

Last edited by bigben320e; 10-19-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:09 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

" Nice 63 though "

yeah it's nice huh? If the new 63 is just "nice" than your oldschool 350 by definition is a complete peice of S|-|IT.. If MBUSA offered you a 2010 E350 straight up trade for your old 350, you would do it in a heart beat and you absolutley know it. What a J.O.. You're like a woman who constantly complains about Versace clothes but spends her days in Versace boutiques all day long.Tool.
Haha, man I've left an impression on you. Check you heart rate.

M-B USA can offer me whatever they want (and I would be glorious), however that doesn't override my taste, or ability to notice a better design. if they allowed me to re-sell it, I'd trade, if not, no thanks, I like to enjoy looking at my car.

You're fun to mess with though. Keep fueling the fire.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:10 AM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
Your statement and pictures say it all. Looks good, and are satisfied. Completely.

Guys, stop arguing about the damn car and more like the folks posting on the car they actually have. If you don't have the new E, why are you even commenting here? It's not a "like" or "evaluation of looks" thread.

The OP clearly stated those that have the new E, are they completely satisfied? People like myself came to the thread to hear comments from these people and then get in the convo. Reading comprehension and staying on topic are skills we should all have. Just my .02.
If there are any questions I can answer about the vehicle, or the eclass in general, after having driven it a bit, let me know, i'd be happy to oblige
Old 10-20-2009, 10:54 AM

SL55
I'm satisfied.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 E550.. Gone but never forgotton - E63 AMG..
Completely satisfied. Whether its cruising on the highway or enjoying the dynamic Harmon Kardon Stereo, Which is way better than the Harman Kardan stereo in my E63. The Stereo kicks ***! The clarity is ultra crisp and clear.
Love the interior styling of this car, Ashwood is all over the place, The center console looks sharp, The new Nav is awsome, love the live traffic and updated graphics on the screen.. My favorite has to be the super thick sport steering wheel and the styling of the heating functions,Tap up and down buttons are awsome. Surprisingly this car is super quiet, you cant even tell if the engine is on ?, Is it this way in the W211 E550/E350 ? My E63 was obviously very loud, each time you tapped the gas,the monstrous exhaust took over, although it was music to my ears
The car is super comfortable and pretty much rides like an S class when in Comfort mode. Sport is really not much different, very slightly stiffer if you ask me. The 550 def has power, I have yet to push it over 3000RPM but I hit 90 in a heartbeat, you can feel the 390lbtq pulling. The car gets a ton of looks, Not many W212s at all, so I can understand ppl checking the car out. The Styling is definatley unique, im liking this car more and more with each start up.. 1 question, can I start the car with my key ? where the heck is the ignition ? all I have is the push button start/off.

Peace

Last edited by ESIX3POWER; 10-20-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

W211 E550/E350 is definitely quiet, and you barely hear any engine noise, I remember reading an article by C&D or Motor Trend or something where they said "the car glides down the road, quiet, strong and squeak free,, but the same can be said for the previous model".... or something like that.

I found the quietness of the 212 to be comparable to my car, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were even more-so, and the overall structure felt a tad stronger and more un-allowing of vibrations, flexing and the like. Kinda like the same car, just tightened up a bit, and with added emphasize of that "confident" feeling while driving. I'd say that maybe it's because it's "new VS used", but fact is, the 212 is much more rigid.

One of the areas I do like the interior over the 211's is the A/C unit, the tap up/down buttons are a nice touch.

Last edited by K-A; 10-20-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
1 question, can I start the car with my key ? where the heck is the ignition ? all I have is the push button start/off.
The button is removable. Just take it off and behind is the "normal" slot for the key.......
Old 10-20-2009, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by ESIX3POWER
Completely satisfied. Whether its cruising on the highway or enjoying the dynamic Harmon Kardon Stereo, Which is way better than the Harman Kardan stereo in my E63. The Stereo kicks ***! The clarity is ultra crisp and clear.
Love the interior styling of this car, Ashwood is all over the place, The center console looks sharp, The new Nav is awsome, love the live traffic and updated graphics on the screen.. My favorite has to be the super thick sport steering wheel and the styling of the heating functions,Tap up and down buttons are awsome. Surprisingly this car is super quiet, you cant even tell if the engine is on ?, Is it this way in the W211 E550/E350 ? My E63 was obviously very loud, each time you tapped the gas,the monstrous exhaust took over, although it was music to my ears
The car is super comfortable and pretty much rides like an S class when in Comfort mode. Sport is really not much different, very slightly stiffer if you ask me. The 550 def has power, I have yet to push it over 3000RPM but I hit 90 in a heartbeat, you can feel the 390lbtq pulling. The car gets a ton of looks, Not many W212s at all, so I can understand ppl checking the car out. The Styling is definatley unique, im liking this car more and more with each start up.. 1 question, can I start the car with my key ? where the heck is the ignition ? all I have is the push button start/off.

Peace
Ya, these new engines are really quiet. I find my 320 engine to be loud, not in a good way either.

I couldn't believe it took MB till 2009 to get live traffic on these damn things. Lexus, BMW, Acura, etc all had it years ago.