interior color?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E Coupe
interior color?

Hi,

Today I ordered a black mercedes e coupe with flamenco red interior (but I can still change the color).

DOes anyone have some pics of that color? I really do not know wich color to chose...
Old 10-28-2009, 03:04 AM

Location: Somewhere on the European mainland, preferably on the Autobahn.
2009 E CDI
You may actually know this guy:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?ss=2&w...e+coupe&m=text

Some very good shots of E Coupe right there. Especially good shots of black coupes are rare.

For me there are only 3 configs that work on the E Coupe. Which I might be ordering late this year / early next year.

- Go for the exact same AMG version as shown in the European brochures: white, AMG kit, pano, natural beige interior, black ash wood trim. This is a very very good looking car, but not discrete at all. I may actually go for it.

- I see a silver one without AMG and without pano everyday. It still looks striking. Has those 5 spoke 18 wheels though, which really uplifts the car. Interior is black, a classic combo with silver. Now each additional option you add to this car will make it even better.

- In black the car looks like a sporty two doors CLS, which is definitely a compliment. Judging from the link I posted above I would say that the multiple beige interior configs seem to work out very well.

I would naturally be tempted towards an Avantgarde config but the reality is the Elegance is just as nice, if not nicer. On picture Avantgarde looks good, at the dealer the Elegance does... I sat in a black on almond beige coupe and was very impressed. There were other combos out there but I went back to this one over and over again.

Either way you'll be getting a very nice car.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:43 AM

Mercedes E Coupe
What do you think of the cognac brown interior?
Old 10-28-2009, 06:47 AM

2009 E CDI
Originally Posted by Blaugrana
What do you think of the cognac brown interior?
I wanted it on my 2009 E. It looked great in the brochure. Black E in Avantgarde trim with cognac brown ventilated leather seats. It was a thing of beauty. Until I saw it in real life parked at a restaurant. The magic was gone. It's way too red and not brown at all. The color is more bordeaux than cognac! Nowadays I like the natural beige much better. Or even the ever classic but stunning all beige combined with a black exterior.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 AM

2009 E CDI
Actually have you considered a designo interior? The colors are out of this world. I think black on brown is very classy.

Also consider the following combo from designo, popular on the S Class: platinum black on designo light beige interior. You can see how this special beige is visible through the windows. Very striking.
Attached Thumbnails interior color?-designo0002_0005_715x230_04-2009_n.jpg  
Old 10-28-2009, 12:50 PM

Mercedes E Coupe
I think designo is too expensive...

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna change the flamenco red color into something else, but I don't know wich color yet... I don't like it when the interior shines-out when you look to the back-window of the car...
Old 10-29-2009, 01:43 PM

slk350
If you get the red leather interior and are able to order the black headliner, this would enhance the overall interior and the "redness" of your seats. In the United States, all headliners (regardless of E350 or E550 coupe) comes in light grey and that would make the overall interior too busy.

I ordered my E550 Coupe with black leather and requested to have the black headliner but was told that this is not possible (unless I purchase the ones that are already available with natural beige/black interior with black headliner).