E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Question for Canadian orders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 Porsche Boxster S
Question for Canadian orders

I just recently ordered an E350 with the Black/Artico gray LEATHER (not the man-made ARTICO Leather).

Online, and in the brochure, it shows both the leather and ARTICO leather to have black interior panels, but gray seating surfaces.

But the dealer happened to casually mention to me that when you order the Black/Gray Leather, it just says "Gray" on the order sheet (with no mention of black interior panels). It was as if he was suggesting that the car would look different with leather (both panels and seating surfaces would be gray) versus ARTICO leather.

Can anyone (from Canada) confirm that the two look the same? Does ordering the black/gray leather actually come with black interior panels and gray seating surfaces?
Old 01-20-2010, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E550 4matic
In Canada the dashboard and the top third and the bottom third of the door panels are always black. The centre third of the door panel is the colour of the seats
Old 01-20-2010, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2014 Porsche Boxster S
That is what I was hoping for. I am thinking that the dealer may have just been a bit confused when he mentioned what he did.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meb's right.

I was actually hoping for the opposite: when I ordered beige leather the code was just beige, and I was hoping for a beige or brown interior. It's black with the seat colour inserts. Not unhappy with it, and I was expecting it based on the research I did, but the lack of clarity gave me hope. You'd think these things would be spelled out simply and clearly.