E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Center ic speaker rattle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uno mille 1.0i 57cv 13'' wheels 135/75 - aro magnetico - rebaixado
Center ic speaker rattle

Anyone noticed a rattle/noise in the center speaker, near the command display? I believe there is a service bulletin but MB brazil haven't heard about it... Did anyone get that issue fixed? Did they have to take the whole IC apart or just the speaker cover

My car is a w212 550 sport package by the way.

Thank you!!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:21 AM

2010 E350
No rattles in mine.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 211 Posts
S560
There are two distinct squeaks/ rattles from the front of my car (not including the pano rattles). One came from the center speaker near the windshield. There is a S.B. on the problem, the fix is applying felt strips to the mounting points. I fixed it myself by prying the speaker grill off from the stereo side of it (not windshield side). place a screw driver under the grill on one corner and apply pressure upwards and it will pop off. I then applied a small amount of some regular home insulation around the mounting points- problem fixed. The second squeak comes from the trim piece that surrounds the air vents under the Nav screan. I have not yet fixed this, but to make it go away for a while just pull the trim from the bottom out towards the cabin. This releaves some pressure and would make my squeak go away for quite some time...
Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
My car had rattles from rear speakers....i went to my dealer, they fixed it.
Front speaker's sound is perfect.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
Hi emilner.

Do you still have your car. What's going on with dealer's promise to buy it back? How is the process with new S ?

GL.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S560
Originally Posted by aeggroup
Hi emilner.

Do you still have your car. What's going on with dealer's promise to buy it back? How is the process with new S ?

GL.
I dropped my car off last Thursday for the fourth time to fix the airbag problem. MB is taking the car back. They are in the process of looking for a 2007 S550 for me. I want a white/flint/silver car with P2 and less than 40k miles. They are trying to find a car that will qualify as a CPO. Hopefully I will find out this weekend....
Old 01-22-2010, 11:21 AM

uno mille 1.0i 57cv 13'' wheels 135/75 - aro magnetico - rebaixado
Thank you! I'll try to fix it myself tonight... I was afraid i could damage the IC while applying pressure to remove the speaker cover.

Thanks!

Alex
Old 01-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,417 Likes on 3,146 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by emilner
They are in the process of looking for a 2007 S550 for me. I want a white/flint/silver car with P2 and less than 40k miles.
You can also search CPO vehicles through mbusa.com – certified pre-owned, search.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S560
I will check there. I believe they are looking at cars that are not in the CPO program yet.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 PM

2012 CL550
I had the rattle (more of a buzzing noise on rough pavement) from where the plastic pieces come together just above the volume knob on the dash. I simply folded a small piece of paper into a square, pushed it up between the two parts far enough that I couldn't see it and voila, no more rattle.

I have another rattle, though, that I can't figure out where it is coming from. It sounds like hollow plastic pieces being tapped together somewhere on the passenger side of the car near the rear door. I originally thought it was the seatbelt housing on the B pillar as both sides buzz now and then (overall bad design in my opinion) but that's not it. If anyone else has this noise and knows what it is and/or the fix I would love to know. I don't hear it all the time, mainly when going over a fairly sharp bump in the road.

I have 6,000 miles and the only issues I've had is these little rattles here and there inside. Everything else has been flawless.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:36 PM

E350W
Hi Alex! I have the same noise from the sunroof console, I went to the dealership several weeks ago, they ordered the whole part from germany, yesterday I got a call form the service adviser, they got the detail, and next week I'm gonna change it, I will inform you the results in a week.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:37 PM

E350W
By the way it looks to me more like a static noise.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:08 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by mallard
I had the rattle (more of a buzzing noise on rough pavement) from where the plastic pieces come together just above the volume knob on the dash. I simply folded a small piece of paper into a square, pushed it up between the two parts far enough that I couldn't see it and voila, no more rattle.

I have another rattle, though, that I can't figure out where it is coming from. It sounds like hollow plastic pieces being tapped together somewhere on the passenger side of the car near the rear door. I originally thought it was the seatbelt housing on the B pillar as both sides buzz now and then (overall bad design in my opinion) but that's not it. If anyone else has this noise and knows what it is and/or the fix I would love to know. I don't hear it all the time, mainly when going over a fairly sharp bump in the road.

I have 6,000 miles and the only issues I've had is these little rattles here and there inside. Everything else has been flawless.
Are these rattles/buzz sounds normal with 212's? Rattles drive me NUTS, mine isn't super silent on bumpy roads, but fortunately some of those problems, in regards to having to go as far as to fabricating material to relieve the sounds, haven't happened to me.

Mine isn't a 212, but the only rattley sound I get is actually a squeek coming from seemingly where the left post for my sunvisor connects to the headliner, or somewhere in that area, in the headliner. Only happens over bumps, and it's a slight twitchy groan, not a biggie, but I hate rattles, I tend to focus on them.

If anyone experiences this, and has found a fix for it, please let me know!! I can't seem to pinpoint the exact problem area though, I try and put pressure on all these different areas up there, but just can't figure it out.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 AM
ipp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W166 ML350 BT
Ok, firstly I got my car earlier this week, and it's amazing! Here is a lot of snow on the roads, so they are quite uneven. I'm expiring no rattles at all. I was worried about the panorama roof, but it's not making any noises yet.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Wig

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
W213, C238
I also have a buzzing noise. It is almost constant. The roads here are poor and covered with ice and rock salt right now which doesn't help.

I don't where the noise is coming from - very difficult to pinpoint, and very annoying. It started at around 1,000 kms.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S560

Mallard- The rattle you are referencing is the pano roof. Every pano roof ever manufactured by MB has rattles. The most common is the sunshade. Try closing the sunshade and see if that helps. I visited the dealer several times and they have dropped the roof on a few occasions to add felt here and there. It helps, but it does not fix the problem.