Foggy tail lights and problem with windshield and driver's side mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350W
Foggy tail lights and problem with windshield and driver's side mirror

Hi everybody!

The first problem I have is with the tail lights on my W212, which look foggy from inside and this is after they already were replaced once right, after the purchase. I don't think it is normal that humidity or dust come inside the lights.
The second problem is I have some spots on the windshield and side mirror, look like dry water spot, they are not very visible, but at night I can see them and I can't wash them out. My windshield was never crystal clear from the day I purchased this car, , but I didn't pay much attention, because I didn't notice them after car wash and I thought that was the result of the rain or something else. But I see now, that they are not washable and I even ask car washer to pay attention to this and he couldn't remove them.

Does anyone experienced same problems with 4 month old car??? I'm afraid the spots on the windshield are not covered by the warranty, and I will have to take care about them myself. How can I remove them?

This week I'm gonna visit my service adviser, will look what they gonna tell me. To be frankly I never visited the dealership so often with the problems of my cars before, this is already the forth time from November (once a month).
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 PM

2011 Porsche 911 Carrera,07 S550. 2010 E350 4matic, 05 Honda Accord V6.
to remove spot in the windshield

I just purchased 2010 E350 for my wife last monday. So today is the one week. Anyway, when I got the car from first day, all windows looked clean but right after rain, it got dirt and staying there even with car wash. You are right, you can see them better in the night. So I did car wash myself and try to feel the window. The window was not smooth as it should. It had some kind of sticky something. I used 3 types of glass cleaner and it did not worked. So I tried with Clay( the one that you use for car body before wax)- you can go to autozone or any auto store and they should have clay.
For bodywork, I use detailer, but for window, I use glass cleaner as lube.
So basically, spray glass cleaner( I use stoner product) so you have well lubed window surface, then clay it. It got removed.
I hope this can help.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:54 PM

E350W
Thank you Newyorker! If my dealer will not remove it, I will definitely make what you suggested.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:48 AM

2011 Porsche 911 Carrera,07 S550. 2010 E350 4matic, 05 Honda Accord V6.
Originally Posted by dmikim
Thank you Newyorker! If my dealer will not remove it, I will definitely make what you suggested.
Also Try waterspot remover if you think spot is from water. Again you can buy in Autozone or auto store. Waterspot remover is must if you want to keep car clean and shiny. I keep one in my trunk and when rain stops and sun dries water, I see few big water spots, I use detailer first then if it does not work, I use spot remover. This way, you don't have to go dealer or somewhere to clean them off. Regular car wash never going to remove water spots. But I think dealer will know what to do when they see, just hope that they will listen what you say. The moisture in the tailight, that was common in current S-class headlight. I saw many people complained with moisture in headlight when I bought my s-class, luckly I did not had any problem. The E-class taillight can be another complain if many poeple experience same thing. It is not a big deal. Just ask service advisor that change the whole part, so that you will not have more problem in that part.