Trunk Lining removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 CLK 350 gone...... 10 E350
Trunk Lining removal

Hello fellow members....

I know we have post in the bottom by pacOracle about LED license plate swap.

However, after getting the LED bulbs from Sonic Tuning I was trying to do the process my self as well.

However I did have few questions and was in Rdash web as well to find out actual diagram to remove this plastics from trunk.

If this was for Honda or Toyota, I would just rip it apart with out worries but...... it's Benz.... and just can't treat it that way...

anyways.. here goes.....

1- Any better way to remove this plastic push pins? I did use small flat head screw driver to help a bit but mainly just pulled on actuall lining to remove this push fastners. (One of them actualll fold in to lining. which mean lining was off but fastners was still in the trunk.)

2- Where can I buy this plastic fastners if I break them? How much do they run for?

3- How do you remove bottom plastic housing that houses light and trunk close / lock button? I think pacOracle mentioned it's holded by 4 clips but any safe way to remove them? If I just pull it... won't it break?

4- Plastic piece that is holding license plate light housing..... four white fastner was holding them... If I break this in process..... anyway to just change them only or do I have to buy whole casing again....

It is very time consuming and needs huge amount to mod Benz as I came to relize..... but in the end as night fall..... this will be all worth it.....

Thank you for your help in advance!!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Clip is part # 0119887678 (dealer list $2) - PM your email address if you want detailed instruction sheets.