E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

HomeLink Garage Frequencies (North America vs Europe)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550
Question HomeLink Garage Frequencies (North America vs Europe)

So, I have a 2010 E550 (US Spec) and I live in Germany. Problem is that the HomeLink system has never synced with my garage door here. I believe I have a rolling code garage and have followed the manual instructions exactly (several times). I have always just shrugged my shoulders and figured it had to do with my car being built for the US market and trying to make it work on the European system.

BUT, as I read the recent posts on this subject, it seems A LOT of people are having trouble with this system even in North America.

Question: Are there really 2 different frequencies for garage doors; One for Europe and one for North America? And are the rear view mirrors with HomeLink coded as such?

Thanks for your input.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
Originally Posted by jbean114
Question: Are there really 2 different frequencies for garage doors; One for Europe and one for North America? And are the rear view mirrors with HomeLink coded as such?
This is indeed true. MB offers two different versions of the rear-view mirror with garage opener, one for NA and one for Europe.