Problems with Homelink and Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 550I 2009- MB E350 4Matic Wagon 2011
Problems with Homelink and Bluetooth

Hello,
This is really coincidental, but it is starting to annoy me.
I just purchased a new 2011 E 350 Station Wagon and I set the home link garage door opener and the bluetooth with the Iphone , I have been taken the car for a wash every week since I purchased it which is about 3/12 weeks , in the last three times I took the car when I get home the Home link and the bluetooth memory gets erased and it needs to be reset.
I went to the Mb dealership and they are checking on it also I asked at the car wash if one of the machines creates some kind of cosmic occurence where the neutrinos in the car collide and erases the memory , but it was a little too far out there..... they didn't know of any other customer that has the same issue.

Anyone out there with something similar ?

Thanks,
Old 08-13-2010, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
MY17 E43 Matte Selenite/Macchiato Beige, MY16 GLE350d Tenorite/Crystal Grey, MY17 B250
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-settings.html

What version of iPhone do you have? Apple just updated the software and it does not work with OEM Bluetooth systems (Audi/BMW as well as MB). Apple is working on a fix.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:20 PM

BMW 550I 2009- MB E350 4Matic Wagon 2011
Iphone 3GS , but it works on both my M and BMW , it just loses connection only on the MB after the car wash, I can't figure it out ???

Originally Posted by YYZ-E55
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-settings.html

What version of iPhone do you have? Apple just updated the software and it does not work with OEM Bluetooth systems (Audi/BMW as well as MB). Apple is working on a fix.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:52 PM

2012 CL550
I had the issue of the car losing the Homelink settings, took it to the dealership and they replaced the entire rearview mirror. It has occurred again 2 times since then and the last time I lost the Bluetooth connection to my Blackberry as well. I can reconnect Bluetooth but it won't stay connected after I turn off the car. I have to go through the entire initialization process if I want it to connect. Am going back to the dealership tomorrow for these issues. I am hoping it can be corrected with an update to the software. Will post the cure when I get the car back. Don't know if these two problems are related, but I find it very strange that the Blackberry quit pairing on the same day the garage door wouldn't open...