E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Help me from disgusting new car scent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E class 4matic
Unhappy Help me from disgusting new car scent

Hello, I am totally new here and I am happy to join this community.
I just got new 2010 E 350 4matic with P1 and sport package yesterday. This is my second Mercedes. My first one was 2008 ML 350.
However, when I got my car yesterday, I was fascinated by my new car
, so I didn't recognize the smell first, but from the second ride, the smell started to disrupt me. I know what the new car smell is like. Actually, I like it. But, but, but the new car smell from new E 350 is terrible like the smell of rotten eggs, fishes or like someone pooped on my car. My whole family refused to ride my car or at least holding the nose. Is anybody here with same problem? Or, can you recommend what I should do to remove the smell? I know it is impossible, but is there anything else I can do for exchanging the car to another one?
Please help me out. Thank you very much.
J.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I can assume that source of smell something external, since you didn’t notice so bad smell when took delivery. Perhaps you drove though some dead animals and small pieces of it went in your ventilation system. Since you just bought car, I would recommend to stop by at a dealer and ask to eliminate the bad smell. Enjoy your new car.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E550
MB Tex?

I know this may be extreme, but I have seen others post that the smell of the MBTex can turn some people off... I would go back to the dealer and "smell-test" some of the other cars on the lot with MBTex vs. leather.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E class 4matic
the odor is not coming from outside, but from the mb text and the surface of plastic material inside car. If the odor does not come off a little This weekend I will go to dealder. thank you for your thoughts.