Mbrace cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by mbfoup
1. My question was is it using a satellite connection to relay an emergency in areas where there is no cell coverage (since, obviously, it's using inbound GPS signals to gather the car location)?

Basically, if it is not, like it seems to be the case, since everything I read mentions a "cellular network" only, that would mean that if you go to a lesser travelled road (like in Death Valley) and you have an emergency the system is not going to be of any help and at the time you might need it the most since nobody will drive by or your cell phone won't even work...

Further, there is no mention of whose cellular network is used? All of them? Or just ATT or whatever?

2. I played with the iPhone app lock/unlock feature, cool. But if you lose your keys, unlock the car with iPhone, you still cannot start it. The display shows "calling SOS" so perhaps MBrace people can allow you to start it remotely? I doubt. So maybe it is only useful for people who forget their keys inside. With Keyless Go not only this never happened to me in past years (since keys stay in pocket) but I believe there is no way the car would allow me to lock itself if I were to leave the keys inside. Any feedback? Thanks.
1. The SOS button will still send the vehicle location when activated from anywhere. Not sure about mbrace but Onstar has remote starting of the vehicle that effectively acts like the key fob but you would need cellular service for that to work. With Keyless Go, it is unlikely you would lock the keys in the car but it is possible if your keys slip out of your pocket and the key is still able to be read from outside the car.

2. Remote starting is possible without mbrace, teleaid, or onstar if you have added an AP like Viper to include that feature. It will work on a cellular network from any distance. Very cool to have this feature. I have read that remote starting of a Mb vehicle is very difficult.