E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Serious Sirius Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2010 | 10:41 AM

E350 Coupe
Serious Sirius Question

I have a 2010 E Coupe (I'm posting in this forum because it's far more active than the C207 forum). My Sirius reception is spotty at best. It will work fine for awhile and then I'll get the "No Service" message. There is no consistency either. It will play one day and not the next in the same location. I took it to the dealer and he had it for the better part of two days without being able to fix it. Supposedly they were trying to update the firmware from MB in CA but it can take hours. I have an appointment to take it back next week. Before I go I would like to gather any info I can find. First, has anybody experienced the same problem on the sedan. Second, does anybody know if in fact there is a firmware update. My car is a 2/10 build. If anyone has experienced this problem, what was the solution? I will also be posting in the W207 forum. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by steelgrey; 10-23-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2010 | 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by steelgrey
I have a 2010 E Coupe (I'm posting in this forum because it's far more active than the C207 forum). My Sirius reception is spotty at best. It will work fine for awhile and then I'll get the "No Service" message. There is no consistency either. It will play one day and not the next in the same location. I took it to the dealer and he had it for the better part of two days without being able to fix it. Supposedly they were trying to update the firmware from MB in CA but it can take hours. I have an appointment to take it back next week. Before I go I would like to gather any info I can find. First, has anybody experienced the same problem on the sedan. Second, does anybody know if in fact there is a firmware update. My car is a 2/10 build. If anyone has experienced this problem, what was the solution? I will also be posting in the W207 forum. Thanks in advance!
All stations or just some particular ones? There is a problem on 2009 and early build C-class cars with Sirius. Since the E350 coupe is built on a C-class chassis it might have the same fix. The receiver module needs to be replaced. No firmware update possible.