E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

NOW I AM WAITING !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S212 2011 Wagon and Wife's 2014 C350 sedan.
NOW I AM WAITING !

I watched as Rimbaud, hrperion667, and HBerman waited for their vehicles and now it is my turn. My dealer called today and confirmed my E350S4 Arctic White, Natural Beige Leather, P2, and AMG Wheel Pkg. was built last Tuesday and is at the port waiting for a ship. Hopefully I will get the ship name and voyage number by the end of the week so it can be tracked.
I was fortunate to be able to order it on Oct. 13th when my dealer found another dealer with a build allocation for a wagon (Estate) that could be changed to my specs.
This will be my fourth MB but first one built to my specs. Also have a 997.2 C4S Coupe.
As stated above, been watching this forum for two weeks and learned a lot about the new W212 Platform. As others have said, the real learning starts when you get the car.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 582 Likes on 399 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by SKYKING44
I watched as Rimbaud, hrperion667, and HBerman waited for their vehicles and now it is my turn. My dealer called today and confirmed my E350S4 Arctic White, Natural Beige Leather, P2, and AMG Wheel Pkg. was built last Tuesday and is at the port waiting for a ship. Hopefully I will get the ship name and voyage number by the end of the week so it can be tracked.
I was fortunate to be able to order it on Oct. 13th when my dealer found another dealer with a build allocation for a wagon (Estate) that could be changed to my specs.
This will be my fourth MB but first one built to my specs. Also have a 997.2 C4S Coupe.
As stated above, been watching this forum for two weeks and learned a lot about the new W212 Platform. As others have said, the real learning starts when you get the car.
Congratulations on your purchase. The waiting can be painful. Something to do to make the time pass is to download and read the online Owner's Manual so that you can enjoy your car immediately when it arrives w/o having to figure out the controls at that time.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by HBerman
Congratulations on your purchase. The waiting can be painful. Something to do to make the time pass is to download and read the online Owner's Manual so that you can enjoy your car immediately when it arrives w/o having to figure out the controls at that time.

I'd like to add that reading MBWorld will also answer a lot of your questions as well. That way you will be an educated .

No flame intended.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nada
I am in the exact same situation (same boat maybe). My production date is 10/27 and I am waiting for my E550. I believe there is a boat leaving on 11/3 which might be the one I will be on.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nada
Originally Posted by HBerman
Where do you download the manuals?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by JhonnyLever
Where do you download the manuals?
http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/servic...owners_manuals
Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,404 Likes on 2,847 Posts
2012 CLS63
excited for you

aw jeez! the wait was ferocious man!! LOL, but very worth it....
seemed like forever I'll tell ya......

congratulations to you!

the online manual really helped out a lot, but when I got the real one that helped a ton too......and also I went back to the dealer a couple
of times to fool with the car too.......I figured it'd be okay; and it was.....I was even received with enthusiasm....

I had a little bit of a problem tracking the actual boat, but I didn't really care I guess.....it was here before the projected date so that was a plus.....might be a small 'surprise' factor for the dealer to 'give' you, LOL...
but over all I am blown away......mainly by the torque.....but by everything as well....
filled up for the first time today....
and the cruise control is AWESOME

goo luck and study up! lol