E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Does ANYONE know where to find............

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q7
Does ANYONE know where to find............

This style grill except with black mesh behind it instead of silver mesh? The closest I have seen is the grill with the chrome /black louver combination.

Thanks to all.

Zinny
Attached Thumbnails Does ANYONE know where to find............-chrome-grill.jpg  
Old 11-09-2010, 05:18 PM

2016 GLE 4MATIC
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...item3f040a2d2b
Old 11-09-2010, 05:23 PM

Q7

Appreciate that but that one actually has the chrome trim in front BUT the rest of the louver is black. I am looking for the chrome trim in from and the rest of the louver be silver.

Very frustrating!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:47 PM

GL500, S500
Originally Posted by Zinny
Appreciate that but that one actually has the chrome trim in front BUT the rest of the louver is black. I am looking for the chrome trim in from and the rest of the louver be silver.

Very frustrating!!!
I tried contacting the seller about a similar request, not available! only way to go is buy and paint!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:27 PM

Q7
Originally Posted by SalTheMan
I tried contacting the seller about a similar request, not available! only way to go is buy and paint!
Yes, I think I am going to have to do that. I think if I take it to a shop they can spray the mesh with matte black pretty easily.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:44 AM

GL500, S500
Yes, I think I am going to have to do that. I think if I take it to a shop they can spray the mesh with matte black pretty easily.
If it's chrome it's gonna be a PAIN and Co$tly! Try to avoid chrome if possible!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:00 AM

Q7
If it's chrome it's gonna be a PAIN and Co$tly! Try to avoid chrome if possible!
Okay, good tip. It is clear that I am going to need to paint. I wonder if it is easier to paint the black louvers silver! I think THAT is the way to go!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 AM

Q7
Do those louvers come out?

And any recommendation as two who to buy the grill from?
Old 11-10-2010, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
Okay, good tip. It is clear that I am going to need to paint. I wonder if it is easier to paint the black louvers silver! I think THAT is the way to go!
I was going to go the same route (as was kingfire), I received the chrome grill and bought the paint but I decided on a different way. The following a thread between kingfire and I, it might be helpful.

BTW I bought the MB "base coat black" (in spray can, not used), if you want it you can save a few bucks, PM me.

FTB

Parts of a conversation between kingfire and myself.

FTB,

As for the paint, I always get my paint from automotivetouchup.com. Here is a link.
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...C+No%2C+*58311

I can ask them about receiving the shipment and getting it painted for you BUT I think it will be a whole lot cheaper for you if you were to order the touch up paint(code 040 as you mentioned) in an aerosol can and find a great body shop around you to do it for you. Honestly if it wasn't for the sound proof installation I am having them do, I would have done the grille myself. As long as you tape everything that doesn't need to be painted on the grill, lay it on the floor covered with newspaper and just spray and move your hands horizontally, it will come out perfect. You don't have to worry about overspraying it cuz the grill is in the inside.

Thanks,
Old 11-10-2010, 03:34 PM

Q7
Originally Posted by fromthebeginnin
I was going to go the same route (as was kingfire), I received the chrome grill and bought the paint but I decided on a different way. The following a thread between kingfire and I, it might be helpful.

BTW I bought the MB "base coat black" (in spray can, not used), if you want it you can save a few bucks, PM me.

FTB

Parts of a conversation between kingfire and myself.

FTB,

As for the paint, I always get my paint from automotivetouchup.com. Here is a link.
http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...C+No%2C+*58311

I can ask them about receiving the shipment and getting it painted for you BUT I think it will be a whole lot cheaper for you if you were to order the touch up paint(code 040 as you mentioned) in an aerosol can and find a great body shop around you to do it for you. Honestly if it wasn't for the sound proof installation I am having them do, I would have done the grille myself. As long as you tape everything that doesn't need to be painted on the grill, lay it on the floor covered with newspaper and just spray and move your hands horizontally, it will come out perfect. You don't have to worry about overspraying it cuz the grill is in the inside.

Thanks,

Great idea. Just ordered the Silver grill and the black can of paint and will take it to our local body shop and have them paint the mesh black.

That is Matte Black that paint color 40? correct?
Old 11-14-2010, 02:21 PM

2002 G500
I have used spray can paint from www.touchuppaintonline.com before to paint a roof spoiler I got. The color match and quality were very good and it was only $20 plus an hour or two of work. It's better than paying a shop $200 to do it.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:33 PM

Q7
Originally Posted by beber2600
I have used spray can paint from www.touchuppaintonline.com before to paint a roof spoiler I got. The color match and quality were very good and it was only $20 plus an hour or two of work. It's better than paying a shop $200 to do it.
Yes, I could not find one. I decided to order the chrome/silver louver grill with teh silver mesh and just taking it to a body shop and have him pain the mesh matte black to match the underside.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
Great idea. Just ordered the Silver grill and the black can of paint and will take it to our local body shop and have them paint the mesh black.

That is Matte Black that paint color 40? correct?
The 040 is the MB black color, btw here is the all chrome (with the chrome mesh) vs the chrome with silver paint. I ordered one and returned it for, one in the photo.

Returned it for this one.