E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Performance Chips/Programs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 05:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
W211 E320 & W212 E550
Performance Chips/Programs

I see some stuff rolling out for the W212 from like Gforce, PFD, etc... Does anyone have any experience with ECU remaps or computer chips for the 212? I've used them on several other cars in the past but nothing for the Benz's. I'd really like to see the speed limiter reset above 135 for my e550. I think my 211 e320 has a higher top speed. Not that I run around at 100+ all the time but nice to open it up every now and then. Just a shame they shut it down at 135 when a 155 would be better.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
Originally Posted by RNBRAD
I see some stuff rolling out for the W212 from like Gforce, PFD, etc... Does anyone have any experience with ECU remaps or computer chips for the 212? I've used them on several other cars in the past but nothing for the Benz's. I'd really like to see the speed limiter reset above 135 for my e550. I think my 211 e320 has a higher top speed. Not that I run around at 100+ all the time but nice to open it up every now and then. Just a shame they shut it down at 135 when a 155 would be better.
Brad

I started a thread on performance in this forum but there wasn't any takers so I went to the AMG W212 Forum, as I investigated/learned a little more I found a lot of people recommended Jeremy at oetuning.com. I sent him a few emails and he passed a lot of info on to me. He may be coming up to the SF Bay Area and I might have him do my car. The following is his email, I XXX a few parts that I wasn't sure if were suppose to post.

Some excerpts from a couple of Jeremy's emails:

• I certainly do have tunes ready for E550. The gains to be expected from testing are 20-30whp and 20-25wTq (all power to the wheels on the dyno). The drivability and performance is much improved by making precise adjustments to timing, fueling, torque management, throttle response and speed limiter removal. I have tunes ready to suit many bolt-on modifications also. I have a special running at the moment for $XXX which includes free ground shipping back. You will require the ecu be removed to be tuned. This is very simple and requires no tools.
Also some of the guys told me there is a tool to flip back and forth between factory and Jeremy's tune, the following are excepts from that thread, FTB
  • Regarding E-Z Flash tool, ME9.7 ecus are supported (same ecu in 550), but I have not yet tested on W212 550 as yet (would like to do so eventually). The ecu still needs to be removed before first tuning to unlock the OBD2 gateway for flashing.
  • Yes you are right, that you can switch between maps. If the dealer writes over again the ecu must have the OBD2 flashing ability enabled to be able to flash again (free of charge for the first time). Cost of E-Z Flash tool is $XXX in addition to tuned price.
  • If you are in the Southern California area, my shop is located in Van Nuys CA for the complete tuning experience.
  • If there is anyway I can help, I am ready to do this. My office no is 8185745075 is you need to call.

• Regards, Jeremy
Hope that helps, btw a lot of the guys on the AMG forum like Bassn07, Mikesamg and VIC 55 recommended him on that forum.

FTB
Old 11-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
Valet tune.

BTW one of the guys told me (but I didn't ask Jeremy), that he was working on a valet tune which you turn on that limits the speed to 20 mph.

That sounds cool, FTB

BTW Jeremy might be coming to the Bay Area, if we can get 5 people, if you're interested PM Mikesamg.

Last edited by fromthebeginnin; 11-13-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:48 PM

W211 E320 & W212 E550
That's awesome!! Thanks for the info. I figured since it has been out over a year there should be some performance ECU goodies out there. I'll hit this guy up and get the details. Appreciate it!! If you end up doing the mod, hit me up on how it is.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 550
is anyone aware of any tuning available for the suspension? I assume airmatic is software controlled, would be great to have the sport airmatic setting be a little lower and a little stiffer...
Old 11-13-2010, 09:08 AM

W211 E320 & W212 E550
Originally Posted by Gbezan1
is anyone aware of any tuning available for the suspension? I assume airmatic is software controlled, would be great to have the sport airmatic setting be a little lower and a little stiffer...
Yea there's a couple different ones, there is the Carlson C-Tronic and I believe another one but can't think of the name. Do a search for the c-tronic and you'll probably find some good info.