E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Google send errors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 12:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 GL450
Google send errors?

I have mbrace, which allows me to send addresses to the nav system via email. Recently, I've had problems with the address that is being downloaded to the car being different from the address I sent.

For instance, I recently sent the address of "8540 Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring MD" and what was downloaded was "8532 Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring MD." Having experienced this problem before, I was prepared and corrected the address inside the car. The car had no problem with my manually adjusting the number to 8540 instead of 8532, and it directed me to my desired location.

This has happened to me 4 of the last 5 times! I know 100% in 2 of those times that I sent the address I intended, but the car downloaded a different address (the other 2 times I am less than 100% sure because I though maybe it was me that entered the wrong address). One of the errors was quite inconvenient as the correct address required significantly different directions than the incorrect one.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what the error might be, and where it is originating (Google vs. mbrace?).
Old 12-05-2010, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 920 Likes on 654 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by ttoE550
I have mbrace, which allows me to send addresses to the nav system via email. Recently, I've had problems with the address that is being downloaded to the car being different from the address I sent.

For instance, I recently sent the address of "8540 Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring MD" and what was downloaded was "8532 Piney Branch Road, Silver Spring MD." Having experienced this problem before, I was prepared and corrected the address inside the car. The car had no problem with my manually adjusting the number to 8540 instead of 8532, and it directed me to my desired location.

This has happened to me 4 of the last 5 times! I know 100% in 2 of those times that I sent the address I intended, but the car downloaded a different address (the other 2 times I am less than 100% sure because I though maybe it was me that entered the wrong address). One of the errors was quite inconvenient as the correct address required significantly different directions than the incorrect one.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea what the error might be, and where it is originating (Google vs. mbrace?).

I'm quite sure the problem lies with Google.