E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Power Windows stopped and started working again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 E350E 4MATIC COUPE
Power Windows stopped and started working again

So, it's Wednesday last week and I cannot open my windows from driver controls. Or adjust Left mirror. So I found this forum, it's great, scoured threads for fuse locations, check, and learned that all windows still open and close with my key remote. At lest it's not the mechanical. But driver control is unlit and only Power Window button still working is on front passenger side.

I'm annoyed as hell, since no time to go for service till Saturday, so I'm driving three days with windows closed, keep pushing the dead button, automatically. Pissed at myself that I cannot stop doing that. Luckily, I end up blowing my Sat appointment for a Ski trip with a friend, getting out of town Fri night, with windows still not working.

Great 2.5 hour drive otherwise, while trying couple of paddle shifts I read on this forum, but still disappointed. Getting there, end up riding an SUV and leaving MB in a driveway till Sunday PM, overnights, when it's time to go home. Pull out thinking that I will have to try visiting service on Monday (hopefully open on MLK day), light a cig and push windows button down to open driver window. Automatically. Only few seconds later, I realize that window came down and now works. Everything works. WOW.

I'm thrilled it does, but still pretty annoyed. What's next?

What could have caused it? How to reset without going to a dealer?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:09 PM

2013 Q7 S-Line, 2010 E350 Sport Sedan P1, 2005 Camry, 2008 Piaggio MP3 250, Sold: 02 C230, 90 Miata
May be it is the cigarette lighter .... I'm puzzled as you as well.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 PM

2013 E350E 4MATIC COUPE
Not it, unfortunately. I learned to give car lighters a break years ago and always use BIC. I do give my windows a workout due to in-car smoking habit, but to give up on me after 2 months..? got to be software. or water, which I do not suspect, but I could have bet that the right mirror adjustment was working all the time. I'm weirded out.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
I guess you just discovered the only benefit to being a smoker.