Door Latch Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 998 Likes on 730 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Door Latch Issue

My friend at work whom I bought my E3504matic from now has a W212. This is his fourth Mercedes and 3rd E Class. All of his cars are maintained by the book.

So the other day he is at the funeral home making arrangements for his father's funeral and his mother gets out of the passenger seat and his sister helping her tries to close the passenger door and it won't latch. After several attempts messing with the locks and all they can't get it to latch.

Finally in desparation they use a bungee cord to keep the door closed so that he can take it to the dealer. Bear in mind it is winter here in the mid West no higher than 30 degrees outside.

The dealer gets it and after messing around with it they get the door to latch but now can't get it to open. Finally after consulting Mercedes they are instructed to break the door handle off in order to access the internal mechanism.

Since my friend is too nice to ***** about this I will do it for him. Given the circumstances I just think that this is crap.

I keep hearing on how Mercedes quality is improving then I hear this.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 01-25-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Had similar issue last year when its cold, dealer replaced door handle mechanism for right rear door, I took the dealer about 5 visits to replicate issue... GL
Old 02-10-2011, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Arrow

Originally Posted by MBNUT1
My friend at work whom I bought my E3504matic from now has a W212. This is his fourth Mercedes and 3rd E Class. All of his cars are maintained by the book.

So the other day he is at the funeral home making arrangements for his father's funeral and his mother gets out of the passenger seat and his sister helping her tries to close the passenger door and it won't latch. After several attempts messing with the locks and all they can't get it to latch.

Finally in desparation they use a bungee cord to keep the door closed so that he can take it to the dealer. Bear in mind it is winter here in the mid West no higher than 30 degrees outside.

The dealer gets it and after messing around with it they get the door to latch but now can't get it to open. Finally after consulting Mercedes they are instructed to break the door handle off in order to access the internal mechanism.

Since my friend is too nice to ***** about this I will do it for him. Given the circumstances I just think that this is crap.

I keep hearing on how Mercedes quality is improving then I hear this.
Do you know if your friend got the car fixed? I tested mine today when it was 5 deg outside; unfortunately problem still persists with same door other doors are fine... Last time they changed something called door handle braket and i don't think that fixed it. I am taking my car to the dealer tomorrow, but if your friend had any luck fixing it, can you please advise me, I would greatly appreciate it...