E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Bluetooth Audio with IPhone 4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 09:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
Bluetooth Audio with IPhone 4

Ok, I've read all posts that come up in the search for "Bluetooth audio" and spent the last hour in the car with iPad in hand and following the instructions.

I have turned on BT audio in the engineering menu, authorized (external and otherwise) on the command menu 3 times and disconnected / reconnected as many. I can get the streaming audio to work once after the external authorization and then the phone won't reconnect.

Prior to the external authorization I was able to successfully turn my iPod player on and play music via the speaker portion of the phone but could not connect to the radio. Found it odd that it would connect long enough to send a play command to the iPhone but nothing else.

There seems to be a few bugs left to work out. Odd thing is that my previous E350 played automatically, I didn't have to do anything other than select BT audio. It must have been enabled at the dealer.

Has anyone successfully eliminated the reconnect issue - asking for those that had the problem and were able to remedy as opposed to you lucky sons a guns that never had a problem and connect every time. No offense meant as I was one of you prior to dumping the 350 for my 550.