E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

ThrottleBoost: Proud New MBWorld Sponsor!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes
Arrow ThrottleBoost: Proud New MBWorld Sponsor!

Hello MBWorld -

I'm thrilled to formally introduce ourselves as a sponsor here at MBWorld. We are ThrottleBoost.com, home of the amazing Sprint Booster products. Many of you are already familiar the product, and some of you are already ThrottleBoost customers - thank you!

For the rest of you, please allow me to say a few things about ThrottleBoost. As an authorized Sprint Booster reseller, we are obsessed with helping you eliminate the annoying throttle lag associated with "drive-by-wire" throttle control systems. We've dedicated our website to the exclusive promotion of the Sprint Booster product line. Recognizing the widespread demand for a non-software, non-chip solution to throttle lag in the Mercedes Benz community, we've chosen to set up camp here on MBWorld.

Unfamiliar with the Sprint Booster product? We can help!

All modern Mercedes Benz vehicles use an electronic system to control throttle position. This is called "Drive By Wire". Drive By Wire systems are notorious for an annoying lag or delay between pedal movement and the car's acceleration.

The Sprint Booster is a self-contained device that 'boosts' the signal sent from your gas pedal to the car's computer, significantly improving acceleration in response to pedal travel. The product installs in-line between your gas pedal and the electronic cable connected to the car's computer. It simply plugs into place - there is no complicated installation process.

The product is not a chip, it's not software, and it does not require any firmware 'Flash' to alter anything. Once it's plugged in, it is operational. If you want it out, just unplug it - there are no lingering effects. Because the Sprint Booster does not affect engine performance, timing, fuel mapping, or other functions associated with chips and software, there are no 'side effects', and no risk of any type of damage.

Perhaps the best feature of the Sprint Booster product - you get to control the amount of boost it supplies. With the wired remote control, you can select one of three levels - off (stock), low (vastly improved street performance), and high (think 'holy crap - get me to the track!').

ThrottleBoost offers the Sprint Booster products at the lowest price allowed by the manufacturer, and domestic shipping is always free.

We hope you'll come by and visit our site, and we welcome your questions and comments.

Ken
sales@throttleboost.com

Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
I can only imagine where this thread will go. In the meantime, welcome ThrottleBoost!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Thanks...

I'm curious to hear what you're anticipating . I realize the product generally elicits a broad range of reactions, but generally speaking, those that try it love it.

Ken
Old 02-03-2011, 02:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Titleist
Hi Ken,

There is a lengthy Sprint Booster thread going, which is mixed with posts both on and off track. I don't think there is a post with a negative review of the product, but a few questions that may be pending.

If you would consider a group buy discount, there are members with interest!!

Again, good luck and welcome.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Glad to hear the reviews are strong! I will look for the thread and poke my head in there. My preference is to introduce ourselves to the community and let you get to know us first, which is why I'm posting here.

I think we can arrange some type of group buy... Let me see what I can put together.

Ken
Old 02-03-2011, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
Originally Posted by ThrottleBoost.com
Glad to hear the reviews are strong! I will look for the thread and poke my head in there. My preference is to introduce ourselves to the community and let you get to know us first, which is why I'm posting here.

I think we can arrange some type of group buy... Let me see what I can put together.

Ken
Hi Ken welcome, there is a Sprint Booster thread down a few pegs in this W212 forum (it started more as a general discussion/Q&A), we are looking to find 10 participants (we have 5 or 6 already) for the group buy. I'll PM you and if your interested I'll post a separate thread so we can more easily attract other buyers to the group buy and spread your name.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Thanks - replied to the PM.

For all interested, we are definitely going to manage a group buy as soon as we have all details worked out. We will create a new thread in the sponsors forum when it's ready.

Ken
Old 02-03-2011, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'11 E350 4MATIC
Hi Ken, Welcome!
I don't have it yet, but looking forward to get it from the group buy thing. I have my name on the list. Just imagining to have one, I can feel the strong acceleration already.... hahaha.

Again, Welcome!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Thanks! Glad to be here.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Thanks - replied to the PM.

For all interested, we are definitely going to manage a group buy as soon as we have all details worked out. We will create a new thread in the sponsors forum when it's ready.

Ken
Thanks Ken.

Hope we can get approval and make this happen real soon.

Welcome to the forums.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
C63s ED1 Coupe
does it leave behind any codes?
I had to clear them with piggyback ECU tune on my 335i before bringing in for service.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Originally Posted by lyjw88
does it leave behind any codes?
I had to clear them with piggyback ECU tune on my 335i before bringing in for service.
The Sprint Booster is not a chip or software flash, so it has absolutely zero effect on the ECU. To the best of my knowledge, it will not create any faults as it simply sits in-line with the throttle data cable.

Ken
Old 02-04-2011, 01:05 PM

2017 S550 cabrio
So I take it there isn't a model that'll work for a 2011 ML350? If there were I might be able to add 2 to the group buy list...
Old 02-04-2011, 01:38 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
The Sprint Booster is not a chip or software flash, so it has absolutely zero effect on the ECU. To the best of my knowledge, it will not create any faults as it simply sits in-line with the throttle data cable.

Ken
No faults or error messages on mine. Havent heard of any either (all good).
Old 02-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Originally Posted by cvinfig
So I take it there isn't a model that'll work for a 2011 ML350? If there were I might be able to add 2 to the group buy list...
It looks like you're correct... None of the existing products have yet been listed as compatible, I'm sorry to say.

Originally Posted by BPhillyBenz
No faults or error messages on mine. Havent heard of any either (all good).
That's great to hear - thanks for the feedback.

FYI, look for the group buy initiation this afternoon in the Sponsor's section. I'll post a link here as well.

Ken
Old 02-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
And the Group Buy is up!

Click Here.

Ken
Old 02-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Update - you may now order the products on our website, www.throttleboost.com.

Simply select the appropriate Sprint Booster for your car and use the coupon code
MBgroupbuy at checkout.

The products will begin shipping early next week. For international or special shipping requests, please email (not PM) sales@throttleboost.com.

Reminder - for pricing, please PM US, do not request a PM in any of the discussion threads - we don't want to miss it. If you write to us, we'll get back to you quickly.

Thanks so much!

Ken
Old 02-11-2011, 01:59 PM

2007 e350
I have tried two different brand new sprint boosters on my 2010 e350 w212 and neither one worked. The minute you start the car it sets a code and the gas pedel wont respond...and yes i have left the driver door open for 5 minutes, its a no brainer to hook up and i really would like one on my car. Has anyone else had this problem???
Old 02-11-2011, 02:14 PM

'11 350 4matic - '14 Stingray: Gone, BMW 530i, Porsche 944 Turbo, Porsche 356, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Originally Posted by fastfast
I have tried two different brand new sprint boosters on my 2010 e350 w212 and neither one worked. The minute you start the car it sets a code and the gas pedel wont respond...and yes i have left the driver door open for 5 minutes, its a no brainer to hook up and i really would like one on my car. Has anyone else had this problem???
Very surprising. I had zero issues whatsoever. Are you sure the unit is fully enagaged? It had that (kinda tricky, but not really) piece of plastic you needed to lift up a little to make the connection firm. It sounds like a connectivity issue to me. PM me if you want to talk on the phone.

Last edited by BPhillyBenz; 02-11-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
By all reports, compatibility issues are solely with the W212 550 and E63. Everything else is good to go. We're waiting for Sprint Booster to provide a final answer on the 550's issues. We're hoping that there's a simple answer.

Ken
Old 02-12-2011, 04:28 PM

2007 e350
owner error

I am here to say it was my fault as why my sprint booster was not working. With help of a member on here it works and i have to say that it changed to hole feel and driving experience of my car. Thanks for everything brian.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Right on "fastfast"!!! It was good talking to another Benz owner that has passion about his vehicle. Enjoy the new giddy-up. I am still wondering if your issue was the same with the earlier 550 owner that said he had issues (the need to insure connectivity). In the meantime...enjoy the rain in Seattle while we thaw out here in Philly. Vroooooooom.

Last edited by BPhillyBenz; 02-12-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
Wow - this is very encouraging!

I'm hoping some of you are getting to install the units. I can't wait to hear the excited reviews and tales of renewed love for their cars!

Thanks,

Ken