E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Price Negotiation Tactics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Odyssey
It's a done deal!! I went to the dealer yesterday and we closed the deal at $49,810. I think I got a pretty good price. MCF, I thought about your recommendation, but decided to put the extra $$ towards the extended warranty (7 yr, 75k), maintenance pkg (3 yr) and dent protection. By the way, did you guys get those types of coverage? I read mixed reviews about them, but decided to get them to fix my cost of owning the car over the next few years.

I haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet, but definitely plan on doing it today (shh... don't tell my boss)!!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by Ughalug
It's a done deal!! I went to the dealer yesterday and we closed the deal at $49,810. I think I got a pretty good price. MCF, I thought about your recommendation, but decided to put the extra $$ towards the extended warranty (7 yr, 75k), maintenance pkg (3 yr) and dent protection. By the way, did you guys get those types of coverage? I read mixed reviews about them, but decided to get them to fix my cost of owning the car over the next few years.

I haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet, but definitely plan on doing it today (shh... don't tell my boss)!!
Congrats. Its a great Deal IMO. I didnt get any warrant or maintenace package because I have never owned a car past warranty, I generally keep them 1 or 2 years. If I really like the car I will keep it until the warranty runs out and then immediatly trade them.

Ummm... you broke rule #1... where are the pics?
Just kidding, enjoy your new E.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:42 AM
MCF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by Ughalug

Cool. What is dent protection? Never heard of such a thing.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Odyssey
MCF, dent protection-- well, it's really coverage for "dings," is under the First Class Appearance Warranty (which I could not find any information about online). It covers the car from dings (no paint job included) for up to 5 years. This way I won't worry too much about where to park, though I've gotten some dings on my old car where they too off the paint, too...
Old 02-25-2011, 04:53 PM
MCF

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
How much did they charge ya? We have paintless dent repair guys all over the place that charge about $50 and it's amazing what they can do.