E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Nav POIs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E350
Nav POIs

Am I crazy or is there no way to find the nearest Home Depot, Lowe's, or other hardware store using the nav system POI search? There seems to be no relevant category. I tried searching for the nearest Home Depot nearest to current position while sitting in Boston and very unhelpfully got a path to Atlanta.

Another day in another New England town, I searched for a Quizno's sandwich shop. There appeared to be all kinds of inconsistent, confusing entries in the POI database.

Couldn't they just make a link to Google maps search through the mbrace or something? This MB thing seems a waste in this regard.

KC
2011 E350
Old 02-19-2011, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
There are a few other owners here that will agree with me when I say that the MB Nav unit is HORRIBLE. Whenever I need something I have to use my Iphone.

It sounded like you have tried it already but there is a way to enter the name of the shop you are looking for and it will give you a list of them from the closest to the farthest. (don’t us the category just enter the name.) But bottom line is that the NAV unit is not up to par with even a $100 Garmin. IMO
Old 02-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Wig

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
W213, C238
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
There are a few other owners here that will agree with me when I say that the MB Nav unit is HORRIBLE. Whenever I need something I have to use my Iphone.

It sounded like you have tried it already but there is a way to enter the name of the shop you are looking for and it will give you a list of them from the closest to the farthest. (don’t us the category just enter the name.) But bottom line is that the NAV unit is not up to par with even a $100 Garmin. IMO
If MB install a simple system to sync with mobile devices (iPads, cell phones etc.) there will be no need for these fixed Nav systems that lack information, are out of date, and need DVD updates....

I presume that Ford's 'Sync' system and others already have this capability.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,399 Likes on 2,844 Posts
2012 CLS63
LOL, just another thing I don't even use in the car, lol