Why delay in 2012 model deliveries?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by BudC
I read it somewhere that the V8's had been held up coming to the U.S. because of the poor quality U.S. fuel. I don't remember where I saw it but it makes sense.
I dont know where you read that but the new V8 is currently in the CL550.
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
Do the MY 2012 vehicles have a more powerful battery for running the electrical consumers during start/stop cycles or does it rely on the same capacity battery? Just curious if this is going to put more strain on a regular battery not necessarily designed for start stop powering operations. In slow city driving I can imagine this putting quite an extra strain on the battery so I hope they have a special high capacity battery to work with this feature.
Yes.
In addition there will be extra strain on the battery because everything will be on while the engine is off... Radio, Climate control, plugged in accessories, etc.
And our current system shuts off most electronic systems to start. With the new system the car has to start without shutting down any systems.
My initial thoughts were that we would see a second battery but it seems that they just went with a stronger battery.