E550 Suspension Differences

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Originally Posted by jahquan3
I feel like the comfort suspension is like driving a boat lol. I almost never use it anymore except for rare occasion like pothole infested areas or when I have a full load of people in the car during city driving.

I use to drive at a 50-50 split but can't take the feeling of driving an 80s Cadillac to often
I don't get the boat effect unless I got up to +1 mode. I used to ride mostly in sport but so much road construction and parking bumpers at work have be in comfort almost full time now.

My parents have a Lexus GS and they felt my car was too harsh in comfort. They prefer +1 when in my car.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Originally Posted by thefisch
I don't get the boat effect unless I got up to +1 mode. I used to ride mostly in sport but so much road construction and parking bumpers at work have be in comfort almost full time now.

My parents have a Lexus GS and they felt my car was too harsh in comfort. They prefer +1 when in my car.
I only do +1 (Car with and arrow pointing up) if I'm going thru flooded areas, deep snow etc.

I think I've ridden in sport so long now that comfort feels very different to me. It's like a totally different car. I think it's slightly mental but I swear it feels so awkward.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
2007 E63 Amg
Either all of you folks live in a states/cities with great roads, or it is me being paranoiac

The roads are subpar in Boston and surrounding towns. When going over the bumpy roads in sport mode, I am afraid I am putting a lot stress on suspension elements, interior and dashboard elements, etc.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 78 Posts
2010 E550 P2 w/AMG Sport Package + Pano, 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
Originally Posted by Rovel
Either all of you folks live in a states/cities with great roads, or it is me being paranoiac

The roads are subpar in Boston and surrounding towns. When going over the bumpy roads in sport mode, I am afraid I am putting a lot stress on suspension elements, interior and dashboard elements, etc.
I live in North Jersey and the roads are extremely poor. However, my daily commute is mainly highways which is not all to bad in comparison to driving within city limits. I kind of know which roads etc. to avoid with really bad potholes. My car is pretty old with a ton of miles so I really don't sweat the rigidity parts when in sports mode.