Blackberry Audio Streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLE350
Blackberry Audio Streaming

Hi all,
Did you ever tried to stream audio from your Blackberry to the car's bluetooth? I tried BB 8900 (Curve) and didn't work. I'll appreciate if you have any experience and would like to share. Thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by mjahani
Hi all,
Did you ever tried to stream audio from your Blackberry to the car's bluetooth? I tried BB 8900 (Curve) and didn't work. I'll appreciate if you have any experience and would like to share. Thanks
I know it can be done with *my* E Series (an '11 equipped with Comand) using a Curve 8330 because my nephew did it just after I got it (a month ago).He also did it with *his* phone.Don't ask me how he did it with either phone...I haven't a clue.It's a feature that I'm not likely to use so it's of no real interest to me.

So...in short...if you have an '11 equipped with Comand it's almost certainly do-able for you.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 ML350BTC
You may be running into a difference in the Bluetooth connection. If you are connected to the car by Bluetooth for phone usage, you can not use the Bluetooth Audio function. You have to seperately connect to the car under Bluetooth Audio to use that function. Be aware that if you are connected to the Bluetooth Audio function, you can not accepot phone calls through the car, only the handset. The car currently differentiates between Bluetooth Phone & Bluetooth Audio, you have to choose one or the other to use.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk 200 kompressor
Blackberry streaming

If you get a lead to use the aux plug in the glove compartment, it works through the 'aux' option on the CD player and you can listen to music through your speakers. If you've already paired up your phone to the car using bluetooth, you can use the phone 'handsfree' as well. When someone phones you ,you can answer -but you can only turn your music down, not off.
I just learned this last night when i connected my phone for music for the first time (using a £7 lead that i bought from Halfords) and the phone rang!!
The hardest part is finding the aux option on the CD/radio by holding the CD button down until it gives options.
Goodluck
Old 05-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Guys, check our AnyStream for bluetooth streaming. It can support the phone connection at the same time it it supports audio streaming.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by steffitz
If you get a lead to use the aux plug in the glove compartment, it works through the 'aux' option on the CD player and you can listen to music through your speakers. If you've already paired up your phone to the car using bluetooth, you can use the phone 'handsfree' as well. When someone phones you ,you can answer -but you can only turn your music down, not off.
I just learned this last night when i connected my phone for music for the first time (using a £7 lead that i bought from Halfords) and the phone rang!!
The hardest part is finding the aux option on the CD/radio by holding the CD button down until it gives options.
Goodluck
So are you saying that with the USB cable you can play MP3's from your cell phone (mine's a Blackberry Curve) without using Bluetooth?