Vented Seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 03:49 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by hyperion667
I was told by a neighbor today that Jag's have airconditioned seats and they are standard equipment.

hehe, but that does not the new body style okay, LOL......(joke)
I can't get used to the new XJ but did see pics of the new facelifted XK...quite nice. The new LED blades around the headlights, along with Aston Martin side vents and updated interior look great. Hmmm

We knew this was coming. When Jaguar announced the super-extra-fast 2012 XKR-S at the Geneva show, we noted a set of new eyes up front. Turns out those headlights aren’t exclusive to the XK range-topper, as the entire line will be getting them, along with new front fascias and some other subtle changes.

The XK and XKR get wider mouths to match the XKR-S. XK coupes and convertibles get chrome mesh inserts, while the XKRs’ are matte black. The new headlights use LED elements for indicator and running-light functions. Jag also has modified the fender vents; gone are the vertical gills, replaced instead by a horizontal air slot. The hatch lid gets a smaller chrome strip that makes way for a newly applied Jaguar “leaper” logo. A “Black Pack” is optional on the XK and XKR, and includes gloss-black 20-inch wheels and replaces exterior chrome trim with matte black pieces for a look similar to that of the XKR-S.

The XK’s interior also is updated slightly. The most obvious change is the gloss-black center-console trim, while the switches get a new “soft-feel paint” coating. A leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel has been fitted, and there also are new wood, headliner, and color-combo choices. The performance seats from the XKR-S will be available on XK Portfolio and XKR models, and the XKR-S’s suspension can be specified for the XKR via a newly optional Dynamic Pack.
Attached Thumbnails Vented Seats-2012-jaguar-xkr-coupe.jpg   Vented Seats-2012-jaguar-xk-convertible.jpg   Vented Seats-2012-jaguar-xk-interior-view.jpg  

Last edited by RJC; 05-29-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:59 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
2017 S550 Iridium / Black Nappa, 2015 GL 550 Paladium Silver
First, I also find the vented seats to be comfortable in hot weather. I don't notice them as being cold under normal conditionsw but I also don't have a sweaty read side when taking long drives in south Georgia / north Florida. Today was a prime example, road home with a buddy in his Yukon w/leather from a day long dive trip. Two hours home in semi- dry shorts was a bit much. Jumped in my 550 (which had been sitting in the hot sun all day) flipped on the vented seats and immediately felt a cooling effect on my rear.... even with the car 95+inside. I assume the cooling sensation was probably due to being a bit sweaty from the drive but I could definitely feel it working.

Second, those XK's are a killer looking car from behind. My neighbor bought one a few months ago and I occasionally see him in the mornings on the way to work. Unfortunately the thing is so damn fast I can't get a look at the side or front. My 550 won't even come close to hanging with him. I just see his taillights getting smaller!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Test drove an 11 XK and XKR today. First off they really do have cooling mechanisms in the seats and the leather actually does get chilled. Most everything in these cars is standard including a full leather covered dash, the smell of the English leather was intoxicating. First we drove the NA version which sounded throaty due to it's active exhaust system and was plenty powerful with it's 5.0 385 HP V8. Fit and finish of the cabin was quite good. I did not like the rotary gear selector as I prefer the more traditional lever design, the brakes were strong and pedal feel was excellent. The transmission was both quick to up and downshift plus very smooth. The 4 layer soft top was very well insulated and well finished. Scheduled maintenance was included at n/c and the warranty is now a full 5 years, wow! The ride on 19's was actually very smooth around town and on the highway, there was almost no wind noise at all at 80+ mph, but I did notice around town there was a whistle coming from the drivers side mirror at certain speeds heard with the window down. The choices of woods, metals, colors of leathers and paints was impressive.

Then came the XK-R, it was most everything above but with neck snapping power. The nice thing was the car did not behave coarsely as my E55's engine would do especially during cold start up cycle. This engine was reserved around town and had a nice growl without bring too obtrusive, yet when you put your foot into it the car just launched like an E55. The difference in fuel economy was only 1mpg less and only in city mode as highway was the same 22mpg. The ride in the R was a bit stiffer than the n/a version and there is no adjustable suspension which was odd.

The sales manager showed us more pics of the facelifted version which is a very nice improvement looking more and more like it's close Aston Martin cousin. There are strong lease specials on the 11's right now but IMO the 12 is the way to go. These cars all suffer from terrible resale value similar to an SL but it's really hard to find such a stylish well made fully optioned 510hp convertible for just a hair over $100k; if Porsche sold this car it would have an extra $20k tacked on as non standard optional equipment, not to mention paying dearly for 5 years worth of maintenance. Today's experience gave me something to think about. I also took another look at the new XJ, the interior was quite nice but I couldn't warm up to most exterior angles; there's also strong leases on these as well. There were a few XF's around and seemed to be a good value along with great leases.

Last edited by RJC; 05-29-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:11 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,393 Likes on 2,840 Posts
2012 CLS63
awesome RJC........

I have not bothered to drive one.....but it sounds delicious.......
the 'neck snapping' sounds like fun.....

sounds like it was a nice experience
Old 05-30-2011, 09:01 AM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

It really was a nice experience and what a sexy car; can't wait to see the facelifted version in the flesh, should be Sept.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:04 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,393 Likes on 2,840 Posts
2012 CLS63
I have been watching and loving Jaguar since age 8......
been shopping the last several months to find one just right for me.....
currently have a line on a xjr, in black of course..54K miles, 2004..like I want another black car, LOL...
but it's ataining a dream I'm more interested in........
I still can't believe some of those new interiors Jaguar has.......amazing.....