E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Just came from my first service and some info!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
Just came from my first service and some info!

First service done today, I was lucky when I bought the car they gave me coupons for the first 3 services so it was a no charge.

Info for those who have questions on warranty and mods, I thought I would pass on my experience:
  • 20" wheels:
    • No issues other than everyone thought these were among some of the nicest wheels they have seen, the SM's thought the offsets was perfect, etc. No comments on warranty. They said they hate wheel people put wheels on them and cheap out.
  • Lowered with links:
    • They liked the setup, no issues with warranty.
    • They said they aren't really happy with the electronic lowering systems, they have seen numerous failures.
  • ECU change:
    • I told them not to reflash the ECU, they knew why, no comment on it, no warranty issues.
  • Sprint Booster
    • They saw it no issues or comments on the warranty.
  • HID conversion
    • No comments
  • PS I never have them wash my cars, too dangerous!!
Overall the SM's drove the car and thought it was a dramatic improvement on ride, handling and looks from stock. Obviously all my mods are easily reversible, so if I have an issue with something I would just pull the mod.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
My dealership is "mod friendly" too.

BUT: be wary that they can note these things and when push comes to shove just be certain that they are definitively on your side. Even if you remove the mods if you ever need warranty service, be sure to ask your SA to make certain that nothing is noted in your VMI from this last visit.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 2011 E350 2010 Range Rover Sport LUX
Overall the SM's drove the car and thought it was a dramatic improvement on ride, handling and looks from stock. Obviously all my mods are easily reversible, so if I have an issue with something I would just pull the mod.
I think your car looks great. I do find it hard to believe that there is a dramatic improvement on ride and handling though. I would have thought that adding 20" wheels would make it ride rough and bumpy. It appears I was mistaken.

Last edited by pudding1978; 06-08-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Fix quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black W212 E550
Originally Posted by pudding1978
I think your car looks great. I do find it hard to believe that there is a dramatic improvement on ride and handling though. I would have thought that adding 20" wheels would make it ride rough and bumpy. It appears I was mistaken.
Thanks, I think the comments on ride were more related to type of ride. It being tighter and handling flatter as opposed to the traditional ride. Which is one of the reasons i went the wheels, ties and drop (in addition to the look).