E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Springs or Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 W212, 1985 C10
Springs or Coilovers?

Now that Mr. B Gorman is nearing completion for me I am looking at adjusting the ride height on my 350 a bit. I am seeing a lot of people here using springs on their cars. Has anyone used coilovers? I am seeing brands like KSport, KW and D2 and prices ranging from around 900 and up. I'd love some insight guys...
Old 06-14-2011, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 CLA 250, 2003 CLK320
Originally Posted by Ctrl+alt+Elite
Now that Mr. B Gorman is nearing completion for me I am looking at adjusting the ride height on my 350 a bit. I am seeing a lot of people here using springs on their cars. Has anyone used coilovers? I am seeing brands like KSport, KW and D2 and prices ranging from around 900 and up. I'd love some insight guys...
Everything I read about ksport here and BMW forums indicated junk that starts leaking withing a year and not very reliable. I went with Bilstein PSS9 for my CLK and do not regret it. The fact you can adjust the height and stiffness is a huge plus. After a week they do not feel that much stiffer. It is stiffer but just a little bit more then stock suspension with my 19" rims. I have them on softest settings now. The car also handles much better especially on quick tight turns. Love it. Now comparing 19" rims with OEM wheels and tires, thats definitely much stiffer. I also read many good things about the KW. The only reason I got the PSS9 was a deal I could not pass up