Few Questions on E350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R232
Thumbs up Few Questions on E350

Hi to All!!!!

I am sort of coming back to MBWorld after being in E90 M3 for the past 2 year. I picked up 2011 W212 BLK/BLK Sport/Premium/P2/aPano/AMG Rims last week and have couple of questions....

1) Does anyone on this board sell color matched front side markers? Not the smoked once, but color matched to the car?

2) I am thinking about picking up a set of H&Rs sport, but they only bring the car down by 1.2/1/4 respectively. I read something about plates that can be added/subtracted to lower/raise the car a bit more/less. Is that applicable only to airomatic suspension? Or is that something that comes with the regular suspension as well? Any pics?

3) H&R spacers, what size are you guys running with the stock 18s? Do you know what the offset is on the stock rims? Any pics?

4) What is the going price for the brand new set of stock 18' AMGs w conties?

I know some of you will say go and search, and I am , I am not a newbie to the car forums crowed by any means. It just it would save me allot of time if you someone could summarize.

Regards,
e-dude
Old 08-01-2011, 02:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Current: 2011 W212 Previous: 2008 W211 2006 550 2001 Rover 1997 W210
Originally Posted by Edude
1) Does anyone on this board sell color matched front side markers? Not the smoked once, but color matched to the car?

2) I am thinking about picking up a set of H&Rs sport, but they only bring the car down by 1.2/1/4 respectively. I read something about plates that can be added/subtracted to lower/raise the car a bit more/less. Is that applicable only to airomatic suspension? Or is that something that comes with the regular suspension as well? Any pics?

3) H&R spacers, what size are you guys running with the stock 18s? Do you know what the offset is on the stock rims? Any pics?

4) What is the going price for the brand new set of stock 18' AMGs w conties?
Hello. Grats on the car.

1. I got the stock sidemarkers painted to match at the shop that did all my mods. Any reputable mod shop or auto body shop can do the same. Pretty sure they don't just sell the sidemarkers painted already.

2. I also bought the H&R Sport Springs for the W212 and they were installed by my same mod shop. Depending on wheel size, you really don't want to drop the car anymore. You can get links or cut the actual springs to drop it more, but I would not recommend it. I think you have to go a different route if you have the airmatic suspension.

3. Not sure of the exact offset on the stock wheels. You don't need to run spacers if you run the stocks. Unless of course you want a more aggresive stance in which case I am unsure of the spacer size. I run 10 mm spacers on my 43 offset wheels and the stance is about as aggresive as you can get. Click on the link below in my signature to check out pics and the offset/stance.

4. Pricing on wheels varies on wheel type/tire. If you check the classifieds on this forum, you can find a number of good wheels that are being sold by other forum members. Of course you can find other wheels on ebay or your local shop that specializes in wheels.

I notice that you are located in Northern Cal. Think there is a shop called SonicMS around there that can take care of all you need.

And yes. The search on the forums is your friend.

Last edited by EmE247; 08-01-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R232
Thanks for the good answers EmE247! Sonic is Mountain View/. They lowered my M3 coupla years back. IS the car in your sig dropped with H&Rs? Are those 18s or 19s?

-edude